[Bug] The type of units is changing in hotspots: sometimes one type, and then another completely different type

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

[Bug] The type of units is changing in hotspots: sometimes one type, and then another completely different type

Post by Arahatree »

Hi!

I'm sorry if i'm writing many bugs lately, but now that i discovered a new way of playing using the AI and hotspots (before i always played with the minister locked from all units) i'm doing a lot of tests, so i think this bugs are important to know. HOTSPOTS ARE A GREAT FEATURE and the reason i bought recently the DLC The Great War :-) (as an anticipated christmas gift). So, i would like them to work ok if that's possible :D

I checked on the forums and i didn't see anyone noticed these things (or they noticed but didn't care to write in this forum).

Well, the bug is that i place a lot of hotspots along the border, they are all the same type of hotspot:
-Force size: very heavy
-Air support: no air support
-Force foucs: offensive
-Actions: attack
-Priority: high

I always set exactly those settings for every single hotspot, and i do the same in different games and scenarios. The minister settings always the same, so that doesn't affect the testing (initiative low and the rest of options not selected).

The bug is that sometimes only support units go to the hotspots and not a single infantry unit moves to the hotspots (even if they are in front of the hotspots they are stopped right in front of them, not moving). And in other games all infantry units go and only one or two support units go to the hotspots (support units i mean artillery, AA and AT).

I have being waiting game days and days to see if those infantry units move to the hotspots, but they don't.

This way we can't plan a strategy, because these "Actions: attack" hotspots sometimes attract one type of units and other times another completely different type of units (and now all support units are undefended).

If i set Actions "support" in the hotspots (the rest of setting the same), there are many of them that doesn't have infantry, and the proportion of infantry in other hotspots is only one or two units and the rest is support. I think this hotspot option would be working well if it wasn't because half of hotspots don't include infantry units and the other half includes them (should i say this creating a new different [bug] topic?)

I attach screenshot and i will keep the saved game in case is requested.

Thank you in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Re: [Bug] The type of units is changing in hotspots: sometimes one type, and then another completely different type

Post by Arahatree »

In the screenshots the clock is paused, but the bug is when the game is not paused, so please, nobody tell me to run the game to fix it hahahah :D :D

In one of the screenshots you can see the a couple of paths going to the hotspots, but they are artillery, not infantry.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: [Bug] The type of units is changing in hotspots: sometimes one type, and then another completely different type

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, I've made not for us to review how the AI balances its responses next time we're updating hotspots code.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Balthagor wrote: Jan 06 2021 FYI, I've made not for us to review how the AI balances its responses next time we're updating hotspots code.
Thank you very much Balthagor :-)

Return to “Issues and Support”