Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Bug: units are not sent to repair when they are controlled by minister

Post by Arahatree »

Hi!

I don't know why this is happening, but i have my units under control of the minsiter, initiative low. The tooltip is saying that at low initiative the units are sent to repair, but i already got 100 units killed and they are not sent to repair.

I tried canceling orders to let the minister take over again, but units are in "idle" waiting to be killed. They have enough infrastructure to get supplies, and just in case i filled military goods stock of supplies just in case they don't want to move to repair because they lack supplies, but full of supplies they still refuse to repair and want to get killed.

Is it a bug, or do i have to send to repair one by one manually, despite of being controlled by the minister?

Thanks in advance

Screenshots:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Re: Bug: units are not sent to repair when they are controlled by minister

Post by Arahatree »

I paid special atention to this hex to see what was going on. Units were in yellow name (they didn't have any orders that could create a conflict). They had supplies before getting killed. One by one got killed without trying to go to repair. They had a clear path, a road, going to the barracs at the east, very close enough and under control. They were just shooting or idle, but not going to repair.

Here is the screenshot of that hex:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

After observing this bug i started the trainer and set 999,999,999,999,999 tones of military goods, plus money, just to be sure they didn't luck supplies. I didn't touch any other variable. The screenshots are after i opened the trainer. I still got the same result.

And it's not that they were suppressed, because i have seen in that hex that when the units were not under fire, with just two squads of strength remaining, still didn't go to repair.

Only one unit from time to time went to repair, only one every 20 units that didn't go.

I also tried setting high initiative in the ROE of the units, not in the minister. Still didn't work.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ticket 26277
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Balthagor wrote: Dec 06 2020Ticket 26277
Thank you Balthagor.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, we did some testing but where unable to replicate the issue. As any other user seen this behaviour?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yes with foot infantry there seems to be issues. I also think loss tolerance needs to be reviewed. They should repair a little faster on the standard setting atleast. This will also help idle planes. Now ai doesnt seem to use them for mission because of low health.
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team

Post by CeaganP »

Although it's nice to hear about your encounter I'm not sure how well it relates to the replication of the problem Arahatree has.
Rosalis wrote: May 17 2021 Yes with foot infantry there seems to be issues.
Rosalis, you're saying by following the information they provided you were able to replicate this exact bug?
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yes foot infantry doesnt goto barracks on low initiative, even if you give the units high initiative they still dont go to barracks to repair most of the time. Its same for special forces. On rare occasions you can also notice it on other units. And im not talking about the theatre bug, on the exact location in '40 sandbox i replicated the issue with Germany. They retreat 1 hex and then stand idle, other times they just keep standing there to get killed, maybe because a fast attack unit attacks them it interupt their order. If human give the order to repair its fine on this issue. I also noticed that ai regions got less problems with this. Sometimes i forget i auto build green berrets in a region, and ai region seems to do better with initiative then initiative of player region.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

So you guys identified this? Maybe someone else actually playing WW1 or WW2?
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

so since there are not much reports about this. i guess this is the right place. THIS IS A SEPERATE ISSUE THO

Land units will only repair when it has access to a barrack in the same battlezone. There are some exceptions, but for example in SW2020 you have 2 battlezones with the same color in Turkish straits to make it even more confusing and ai cant repair there, repair order doesnt work and human player can only repair right clicking the barrack inside the hex or building one in the battlezone.

Did this get fixed in GR? I find it quite a serious issue.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Sep 29 2021 so since there are not much reports about this. i guess this is the right place. THIS IS A SEPERATE ISSUE THO

Land units will only repair when it has access to a barrack in the same battlezone. There are some exceptions, but for example in SW2020 you have 2 battlezones with the same color in Turkish straits to make it even more confusing and ai cant repair there, repair order doesnt work and human player can only repair right clicking the barrack inside the hex or building one in the battlezone.

Did this get fixed in GR? I find it quite a serious issue.
First a correction, units repair any time they are in supplied territory. I think you're talking about the repair order that sends the unit into reserve to repair faster.

I just started a game as Ireland. They have a battlezone in the north of the island and no barracks there. I issued a repair order to a unit, it responded just fine. It is possible that the AI can't find a barracks in another theater though. Galactic Ruler uses theaters/battlezones differently so this should not be an issue, but cross-theater orders will need some review during SR Next Gen development.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yeah they repair pretty quick in a good supplied area, another bonus for player. Too quick in my opinion. Didnt use a single barrack invading Sicily and later annexing Italy in my first and last 36 game. Yeah, i know a hex with a barrack repairs faster.
Its not just theaters tho, but also battlezones. Sure you can test Sweden, Belgium, Ireland. I want you to test the more serious conflict zones in non loyal areas. Besides the example i provided, France just cant repair when reaching Austria, while its the same theatre, they just sit there declaring more and more wars untill Germany has enough and annex them in a cpl of days.
I feel like this is intended to stop regions growing too big. But i want to create a conflict zone where more and more regions join a war.
Or China for example as soon they declare on Tajikistan or other Stans, it will have a very hard game, lets just say that. Not that Tajikistan can kill all those units, but it will be enough to send in more Chinese units, also same theatre, but problem is there is no barrack in the battlezone. 1272.211 city of Kashi, why leave issues while a barrack is all thats needed, but also connected battlezones in the same theatre got no barrack, which is an issue in itself ofcourse. And because of the repair mechanic you provided (plus all loyal cities having lots of garrisons), the garrisons will most likely be able to defend against bad supplied units with no barrack. Just compare the repair speeds in previous title please.

There are prolly easier ways to test this, but to me it seems when connected battlezones also dont have a barrack, it cant repair. But more and more battlezones were created, especially in conflict zones. I mean i told many times how i play the game, and allies are suffering pretty badly when they actually defend. I guess your right its a numbers game. Those numbers can diminish hard tho. It doesnt take much to kill a bad supplied unit no mather how good it is.
Atleast its on the agenda i guess. When you guys get to it, just ask for a save game and i will fix you something without mods.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Sep 30 2021 ...France just cant repair when reaching Austria, while its the same theatre...
No, it's not.
Rosalis wrote: Sep 30 2021 ... but to me it seems when connected battlezones also dont have a barrack, it cant repair...
I'm not convinced of this, but if you've got a savegame without mods, you can send it whenever and I'll test it. Ticket 27843.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Dang i thought i checked if it was the same theatre. I guess it shows how much i care about theatres and battlezones.
You can keep trying to find excuses, ignoring other examples, but i wont give up tho.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xexk7O ... sp=sharing

Click W2020 sandbox
click China
declare war on Kyrgyzstan
see most powerfull army in rl in the world get killed

All i did was declare war and build airbase plus supply depot seeing how bad supply actually is in vanilla, but it doesnt mather, units get killed, supplied before the month has ended refusing to repair. You understand now how allies are screwed? I can fix China with mods, but i cant fix allies not able to repair. After China lost the battlezone, its Russia's turn to loose all their units, if Chinese infantry wasnt so bad and actually has problems killing stans units.
Now select all land units and send them to the barrack Changji. Now they will loose all their units, altho South Korea declared on North Korea and China after i did that.
Last edited by Rosalis on Sep 30 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Issues and Support”