Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Nuclear Weapons Penalties NOT WORKING AT ALL

Post by Arahatree »

Hi,

I launched nuclear weaopns from silos, also from MLSR artillery, with the game settings at Nuclear Weapon Penalties HIGH. And i compared my relations and diplomacy before and after the launch:

There must be a bug, because even 10 days after they hit the enemy, i don't have any relations penalties at all, casus belli don't even raised a 1% from any country in the world and everyone loves me.

I did this test at the beginning of the game, before i do any treaty with anyone. Japan declared war on me and i launched the nukes.

Is it because this feature was dropped from the game, or is it a bug that nobody noticed?

Thank you in advance
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Nuclear Weapons Penalties NOT WORKING AT ALL

Post by evildari »

you have to roleplay this as a feature:
everyone else nods in agreement you nuking the evil aggressor(tm)

ye olde bug with nuklear strikes and relationship or rather a nondiscriminating application of the relationship change - you nuked someone else and condemned your own nuking (helped vs the target only - not that much useful unless it is a superpower able to crush you)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I seem to recall this was tested as working, but that testing could have 5 years ago and multiple updates ago.

@evildari - is there some thread about this somewhere that I've missed? This is a new one to me.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

the nuclear-strike condemn-yourself-peace abuse was smt i remember (could be wrong though) i read on the steam forums in 2018, tried it and it worked (at least back then and a few updates later)
Could not find the post where i picked this up.
Did not try in latest version cause its of limited (ab)usefulness (if thats even a word).
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You gave me a time frame to search, that was the clue I needed;

Ticket 22039; viewtopic.php?p=189353#p189353

It didn't make it high enough on the priority list, remains unresolved. Still in queue for any work related to SR Next Gen.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Thank you for your answers guys, i just read them.

I thought this website would notify me every time someone writes in a topic i created, but it didn't and i just realize now.

I'll check the settings of this website to see if i can change it to be notified.

So, as a conclusion, until SR Next Gen arrives everytime i launch a nuke i will get angry with myself.

Thank you :)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 03 2020 Thank you for your answers guys, i just read them.

I thought this website would notify me every time someone writes in a topic i created, but it didn't and i just realize now.

I'll check the settings of this website to see if i can change it to be notified.

So, as a conclusion, until SR Next Gen arrives everytime i launch a nuke i will get angry with myself.

You can subscribe to a topic when posting in it. That should send you an email when a reply is made.
I do not think you can make it subscribe to all topics by default.

If you want to unsubscribe from a topic later you can go into the User Control Panel. There the 2nd tab on the left will allow you to manage what topics your are subscribed to
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Nerei wrote: Dec 03 2020
Arahatree wrote: Dec 03 2020 Thank you for your answers guys, i just read them.

You can subscribe to a topic when posting in it. That should send you an email when a reply is made.

I do not think you can make it subscribe to all topics by default.

If you want to unsubscribe from a topic later you can go into the User Control Panel. There the 2nd tab on the left will allow you to manage what topics your are subscribed to
Thank you! that button was so hidden for the newbies :lol:

Return to “Issues and Support”