Social spending problem

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

astumpvarii
Corporal
Human: Yes

Social spending problem

Post by astumpvarii »

Hi, I am currrently playing a campaingn in SR great war. The year is 1944. and i conquered all of South America as Paraguay. I noticed something strange. My social sspending is about 450M daily. It is more or less 100M less than what i make off my taxes. When I land a big trade deal with my ally france (eg. sell them 1000M worth of mil goods for a price of 5000M) my social spending skyrockets the next day by a 100M per day! I tested it out and it appears this is happening in other saved campaigns again. The trick is that the rade deal has to be big. It really ruins my economy and i was wondering if anyone has expirienced something like this.
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Social spending problem

Post by Rosalis »

Norway university roasted USA. Pretty funny if you compare it to what is happening in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6kUVnSbkBQ

When US still make trillions in game with max social spending on AI control, you know economy is bugged. Nothing new brother. Production and demand should have a much bigger effect instead of building mass military facilities with the most expensive units, like 100's of B2 spirits in 5 years without a dent in your treasury. Much more the opposite GDP/C rise so much by this it will only make USA economy stronger. On the other hand everything that let you grow your country on the long term like big stocks, big treasury, etc you just get hugely penalised in game. Except USA it seems.
astumpvarii
Corporal

Post by astumpvarii »

It seems that the same thing happens when I sell all of my storage of mil or ind goods in one day. Price of social spending goes up and doesnt come down. I also noticed that the supply of goods is much higher than the demand but goods keep being sold by USA and me and other big producers. So you just build facilities and the goods will sell no matter the demand. I think this stuff didn t happen in SR2020. I only played great war scenario in SRU so idk about other scenarios in SRU. It really ruins the game imo.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

After how much praise they got about economy in SR2020, and complaints about economy in SRU, well i think it can only be improved for next titles. Not with the mentality of "economy is very complicated, every little change can break it" but yeah, who doesnt like money.

Strangely enough i love the game so much i started to believe in the SRU economy together with all the fake money banks are creating since the internet. Game is terribly balanced, and actually might be more realistic then we think. How much countries have a McDonalds? How much cities? Then read some about foreign tax policy of the USA.. All the money go to Washington. Local countries get jack ****. Thats how i explain the magic in SRU economy.

Sorry for intruding your issue topic. But yeah this has been discussed before. The reason you didnt see the hidden region in SR2020 was because it was balanced.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

astumpvarii wrote: Jul 27 2020 ... my social spending skyrockets the next day by a 100M per day!...
Do you have the savegame where this happened? I'd like to take a look. If you could please zip and email me the savegame. Please include ticket 25028 in the subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
astumpvarii
Corporal

Post by astumpvarii »

Will do!
CertainDeath
Sergeant

Post by CertainDeath »

does also happen in my current china game (Global Crisis Fortune Cookies 5.0 szenario)

the economy is falling through the skys, from a starting treasury income of >20b, its down to 14b (numbers from head), bip is falling extremely fast, despite me investing more money then available, while selling stock.
but after some time, i wondered why my expenses are rising... from half a billion negative total, after a trade deal its suddenly 4b negative.

economy is totally not behaving like i am used from 2020G. i did the things i usually do as starting move with china: scrapping petroleum power and alternative power, scrapping 60% of coal mines, and the least efficient consumer good factories, down to a number of 90, half of the farms, building 10-12 airbases, 12 oil fields, 12 rubber plantations, 200km of rail, scrapped all of the not mobile army units and a third of the fleet, as well as all old fighters and all bombers and all small air transports.
50% tax for the wealth, 26% for the normal, 25% sales, 3,5% social safety, 5% property, and social spending close below recommended in most important areas (had to reduce social spending after 3 weeks cause looming bancruptcy all the time, until this time i did no external trade deals). In the last 2 weeks i was keeping the budget head over water with selling stock ressources to mexiko, argentinia and nigeria, but social spendings magically rise after every deal.
settings are normal.

(and scrapping all the useless units was a long process, now that you have to confirm every single scrap from reserves i had to first mobilize and then scrap to dont get mad. the old scrapping in reserves was better. maybe i should just gift the units to some 3rd world country instead of scrapping next time^^ could be much faster)
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Looking forward to feedback from devs. And how did that Norway save game go that you promised to look at 5 years ago? Norway seems to be doing better now, but yeah for the future they are prolly better of then anyone in the world with owning huge shares in all the main companies like google and youtube. As soon i login as player to another region social expences explode pretty much balancing with all the other regions (of similair size), GDP/C doesnt mather, so the rich with average pop of 100m seems to be better off. I learned to ignore trade deals, so cant help with that without fabricating it myself. Maybe this is one of those things that got the opposite effect from SR2020? Some if it has been fixed, but seems to be alot of that. It might be the cause of the problem.

For future there needs to be more features for non democratic nations, there has to be postives and negatives to each goverment form. Now all non demacratic nations seem to be off way worse then others. Same with population, above 1.2 B pop and you basicly screwed, unless you dominate the world market and screw the rest of the regions and your own population. Also techs seem to have a negative effect, positive on the short term for the local region, but others has to suffer with loss of production or demand untill they research the tech, and then the rest will be even more screwed including the first region that researched it. What kinda tech system is that? The explosion happing in social expences, should be demand. So you have to adjust your economy, before taking over more land. PLS all new devs go play SR2020. You actually have to build military good facilities to survive in 2020, instead of just scrapping or replacing them to loyal hexes with good supply.

I feel like there is a mechanic to balance expences and income, for example maybe if you turn off AI initiative social expences rise? Not sure but yea as ruler you should have the power to influence this, not the game. Thats not the way to improve.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

astumpvarii wrote: Jul 29 2020Will do!
I've spent some time with the savegame and am able to reproduce what you've reported. I'll be discussing it with the dev team. I've tested a few things but cannot find a satisfactory explanation. I'll let you know when I have more information. Thanks for the file.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Krawiec
Corporal

Post by Krawiec »

Balthagor wrote: Aug 02 2020
I'll let you know when I have more information.
Hey

Anything new with this topic? It happened to me too.. and ruined my pretty long gameplay :(
it seems this breaking change came to the game with one of latest patches ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The savegame has been passed along to our coding team, but it's not likely to be investigated further until at least late September. The team is all focused on Galactic Ruler development currently. It will get investigated eventually because it would have impacts for SR Next Generation.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”