Orders Box Not Working for Some Units

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Orders Box Not Working for Some Units

Post by ArthurDesmond »

I have a large number of obsolete units I am trying to get rid of. I either find one in 'deployed' or click on one on the map, I go to 'selected units' and 'filter' to add all units of the same type (I have tried all of the same type in view, too). First of all I notice SOMETHING must be wrong, because even though multiple units are in the 'selected units' list the left only one waypoint marker shows when I hover. Normally if I select multiple units it shows waypoint lines from all of the selected units in a big mass that comes to a point. Not here: even though multiple units are selected, only one waypoint is showing. So I select my order, and hit the 'execute' button at the top.

I tried to scrap them. It didn't work. I tried to move them into China in case they were 'out of supply' or something. It didn't work. In fact it seems it ONLY works if I individually select the units, which is simply not going to happen. I tried selling them to get rid of them, but it turns out many of them do not appear available for sale on the list. I sold all of them on the list, and there are still more I own.

I have possessions in Egypt (as China), so I thought maybe it was something to do with distance or waypoint problems. But given the other things I've noticed it seems like there is either an actual bug going on here.

I can upload my save and/or some screens of what I am doing, but I am 99% certain that I am doing this right and it's just not working - or there is some factor that interferes with giving orders which is invisible and not explained anywhere in the game.

EDIT: Figured it out. For some reason, adding them to the list of units selected (as opposed to drag-selecting) doesn't actually select them??? So you have to ctrl-click every item in that 'selected' list to actually select them. This design implementation is questionable.
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Orders Box Not Working for Some Units

Post by Rosalis »

No issues here, dont know what to tell you. Scrapping in reserves is a pain, but deployed is just a cpl of clicks. I dont really get your issue. Selected doesnt have to mean they are actually selected. When you select a unit in a hex they are all in a selected list, but only one is selected. If you select from all type you select from all type, double click scrap or select scrap and give order and they all go to a barrack where it will be scrapped, altho if they have to turn into merchant marine that might give issues. Usually i scrap them all in 2 tries tho.

Waypoints are recently add, i dont care much about them, the only usefull thing for me is i can easily avoid areas with the shift key. A feature to make the player stronger, not a fan.

Selling units show the units that are in reserve, you might have more deployed yes.

Maybe you should practice with the commands in US 2020 to get used to them. Not saying that something isnt wrong, maybe i just got used to a workarround or something let us know.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Distance to nearest barracks (i guess this also applies to air-base and sea-ports too) is an issue with scrapping - too far away and that order for the units far away are cleared.
If i do mass-scrapping ill go with just one unit type at time, maybe its just too much work for cpu calculating best path to each units nearest point of deactivation (which also has to be found)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yeah guess so. I have problems with that on repair, cpu didnt had problems in SR2020 gold calculating that tho. If you right click the barracks there is no problem, if your a player.
CertainDeath
Sergeant

Post by CertainDeath »

yeah it had issues in 2020gold... it just took time before the system accepted the next command :D
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Allright thanks for that feedback. I only discovered sr2020 gold a year or something before SRU. No issues at all for me.
ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer

Post by ArthurDesmond »

I think what was throwing me off was that sometimes when you filter and add to a selection the units are all selected as in you see their movement lines
In other cases you would have to manually shift click every unit in the selected list to get the effect. And I am not sure why.

Return to “Issues and Support”