AustriaHungary Mission "Conquer France"

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CertainDeath
Sergeant
Human: Yes

AustriaHungary Mission "Conquer France"

Post by CertainDeath »

As soon as i get this mission, it is fullfilled, but france is still fighting.

Further problems i have with this mission:
1.) As Austria Hungary France is not my major problem, its mostly up to germany to deal with france, until russia is at least in check, and italy is practically defeated and austria gets acess though savoy to open a own mediterranian front against france.
2.) So if France is not my major goal (Austria had no territorial interests in any french heartland), and the "Exert our authority over serbia" Mission wants me to be at peace with france anyway to "win", so dealing with them is already in my victory conditions, then why? Why add a france mission? F.E. the Tunis Mission is good. French Tunisia is of strategic value to austria (after italy is dealt with) to help blockade mediterranian naval passage.

Suggestion: Remove the "Conquer France" Mission completely, and add more Italy related missions, as Italy was a region the Habsburgs struggeled a lot to try and keep their influence over.
- First Italy Mission: Seize Venecia + Verona. (optional reward: 5000to. consumer goods, 5000to military goods to stockpile)
- Second Italy Mission: Seize Firenze, Pisa, Milano, Torino. Effect: Option to sign a cease fire with italy now.
If the player decides to sign a cease fire, Austria keeps Italys territrories from Verona Battle Zone, the other seized areas go back to italy, italy will either join the axis, or at least give free full transit treaty to all the axis powers, and pay a hefty amount of repair (so hefty, that italys economy is out for a decade^^, a versaille for the "traitor").
If the player keeps fighting italy ("no peace, we have other plans for italy), the event triggeres a "conquer italy" and a "conquer lybia" mission.
if you want a mission to conquer france in austrias mission, it should fire after austria dealt with italy, and it should call austria to conquer marseille.

Return to “Issues and Support”