Interceptors, disable ground attack

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Interceptors, disable ground attack

Post by Rosalis »

In the ROE for interceptors ground attack should be off. This will make them more effective. I would argue disabling loading missiles is also better for interceptors, but yea let devs know.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Interceptors, disable ground attack

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Jun 04 2020 In the ROE for interceptors ground attack should be off...
This will totally screw up new players. Having a unit be "disallowed" from using a certain attack type is a great way to create a very bad early experience in the game. Experienced players know when and how to control this. In 1914 and 1940s maps, for many countries, the interceptors might be the only air force they have. I have been forced at times to use interceptors to hit ground targets. I agree, it's a poor tactic, but I disagree with changing the default.

This would need some really big community demand to be considered.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Allright thanks for your response. I totally disagree with you if thats ok. A new player sending interceptors into combat and them getting made ineffective by infantry will screw new players in my opinion. Besides that i think it would be good to improve each air role wherever possible, so ai attack as a unit.

I was fully confident this was the case in SR2020, but it isnt. So yeah up to the community i guess.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Don't mind it being discussed further. My mind could be changed, it would just take some work :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”