Unit path arround

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Unit path arround

Post by Rosalis »

The issue is option "units path arround" will only be activated by the player. Standard is this option is turned off. When your neutral and dont have transit treaties this should rly happen.

Please make it active. Maybe Russia and US can afford it. Netherlands dont, and their airforce is quite active irl. I think it also helps with merchant marine losses, but im not sure yet. The way ai can just sail thru neutral regions with merchant marines is quite of a mistery to me, especially since they dont have too and the player cant.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Unit path arround

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Jun 04 2020 ...When your neutral and dont have transit treaties this should rly happen...
If you're neutral, "path around" doesn't apply. They aren't allowed to path through anyway. Path around is only applied to disallow pathing in cases where a treaty exists. I'm not sure under which circumstances we would have an AI region decide to not path through territory where they have a treaty, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe if relations fall below a certain threshold?

Back to your original concern, the only time you'll see AI units in neutral territory is if they are being forced through it. The Merchant Marine are mostly in World Market territory, not neutral territory.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

When you select a region in STATE --> INFLUENCE RELATIONS at the bottom right corner you can see option "Units Path Arround"

If you check your neutral regions you see this option turned off/not selected. For example send Russian Air force to Syria and they will go straight thru Turkey. Same from Russia to Kalinggrad, they go straight thru other regions.

Now i noticed this for alot of regions. But when i tested it, i could only replicate it with Russia and US. Altho if i manually select "Units Path Arround" then its fine, even when i play another region, Russian airforce path arround. For the other regions maybe it got to do with war somewhere or something i dont know.

Anyway if this is intended in someway then it should provide CB against the region violating the airspace. As said for Russia and US im fine with it. So it isnt rly an issue if i was mistaken. About merchant marines, it wouldnt be the first time seeing Greece and Turkey have troop kills in a peacefull game, prolly Russian troops for the most part. I mean just send your army from the black sea to Kalingrad or Syria, the merchant marines will violate the naval borders. If Canada remove all treaties with US, its also pretty messy.

I also noticed a pathing problem. When you send Iranian planes from Crimea to Syria, they want to go thru Turkey, but circle the border and then return to airfield.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Jun 04 2020 ... For example send Russian Air force to Syria and they will go straight thru Turkey...
I had forgotten it worked this way. Noted for further consideration.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Thanks, here is another example of Ukraine and Romania tryin to snipe units in Turkey naval borders without treaties. Besides declaring war Turkey cant destroy or remove them.

https://imgur.com/a/fcATfju

save game
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16_SAYw ... sp=sharing
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Here is an issue with unit path arround selected in colonies:

Your own region is not able to enter (or leave) the region.

I found this when moving bombers to Crimea and despite having 2 empty airfields next to eachother 1 of them went to Odessa (49 campaign). I forgot unit path arround was for each individual region, and just wanted to make sure they could safely cross Turkey. Then the bomber in Odessa was not able to move, and my 11 bombers just crossed Turkey and were getting shot, because i actually just changed it for Ukraine, which is my puppet. Yes even for me im still getting confused after leaving the game for several weeks.

You might want to do this anyway incase you dont trust a colony, just wanted to let this be known. It can get quite confusing.

Return to “Issues and Support”