Dynamic Sphere of Influence for SRNG

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Dynamic Sphere of Influence for SRNG

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

Unfortunally the current Sphere of Influence has its drawbacks, like being unable to transition from a WW2 sphere of influence towards a Cold war one.
Not to mention even if UK and Germany are reduced to a few hexes, they will still be considered Factions leaders and Major Powers. The geopolitical landscape can change so much, but the Sphere of Influence system will still be attached to the "Axis/Allies" dichotomy.

So I suggest for the new SRNG a Dynamic Sephere of Influence system, simillar to Victoria 2. And no, its not hard to code if you check the source-code.

Basically, instead of having a fixed sphere like "Axis/Allies" or "Central/Entente" etc each country would be able to create its own sphere, and the stronger and more populous it is, the stronger your influence power will be.
If you have a bigger army, population and economy than a country, you can invest "influence points" on a minor country, and when that country joins your influence you can join wars to defend it, and also call it to join your defensive wars.
The influenced nation will sell its goods first to its ''master'', and when the ''master's'' demands are fulfilled, the rest of the goods will be sent to the general market normally.
The Major nation can invest money and constructions in its influenced minor-nations, simillar to how we already can invest into our colonies in the current base-game.

Supreme Ruler already has all the necessary mechanics to fulfill this idea, and the coding part is not the big issue.
Zuikaku
General

Re: Dynamic Sphere of Influence for SRNG

Post by Zuikaku »

I suggest at least 4 spheres of influence:
Allied, axis and Comintern + neutral. Later that can evolve to Western, eastern, commintern + non-alligned.

I also suggest dynamic sphere system where spheres are not fixed but they are created by the most powerfull nations. So, 3, 4 or 5 most powerfull ntions create their own spheres.
Please teach AI everything!
Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer

Zuikaku wrote: Oct 12 2021 I suggest at least 4 spheres of influence:
Allied, axis and Comintern + neutral. Later that can evolve to Western, eastern, commintern + non-alligned.

I also suggest dynamic sphere system where spheres are not fixed but they are created by the most powerfull nations. So, 3, 4 or 5 most powerfull ntions create their own spheres.
That's a good idea indeed, specially during the WW2 settings.

But for other timelines such as WW1, Cold War and Modern probally a dynamic sphere of influence system where each country can create its own sphere would be the most reasonable option.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Klauss Marcellus wrote: Oct 12 2021

But for other timelines such as WW1, Cold War and Modern probally a dynamic sphere of influence system where each country can create its own sphere would be the most reasonable option.
Let's say 5 regions are in alliance. If the strongest region in that alliance is Japan then Japan is the leader of sphere of inluence called "Japanese sphere of influence".
Please teach AI everything!
Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer

Zuikaku wrote: Oct 12 2021
Klauss Marcellus wrote: Oct 12 2021

Let's say 5 regions are in alliance. If the strongest region in that alliance is Japan then Japan is the leader of sphere of inluence called "Japanese sphere of influence".
That's another good option, and way easier to code
Thing is, for that system to work all 5 regions would need to be on a alliance with each other, and this is very low likely to happen in-game.

So, a Victoria 2 styled Sphere of Influence system is currently the best option for now.

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”