Two things I'd love to see

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Texan214
Corporal
Human: Yes

Two things I'd love to see

Post by Texan214 »

Howdy all,

Long term SR player here. I've played since the original 2010 dropped all those years ago. Two things I'd love to see in future updates or the next generation game.

SR2010 had old research options for chemical and biological weapons but was never fleshed out. I'd love to see this actually fleshed out. I enjoy playing the smaller nations in the 2020 make America great scenario and I believe biological terror or chemical shells would add another layer of brutality to poorer regions warfare. Imagine supporting opposition, funding military insurgencies and right when your target is on the brink you release a gas or biological attack. This would incentivise researching the NBC protection which I normally skip since I've never seen the ai use chemicals or a nuke, even on very high volatility and penalties at medium. Currently when I research chemical weapons all I get is an artillery piece from 1915. I used to hex bomb cities in 2010 to cripple regions and wipe out cities. There also used to be world news bulletins about civilian and military casulties during wars. This ought to return as well, it was a nice piece and gave the wars a global feel.

Second, I really wish the AI would build a few new bases or facilities from time to time. In all my games over the years the AI hardly repairs it's own buildings let alone make new ones.

Love the game and I've been a long term fan. Can't wait to see what the future holds for SR.

Cheers!
Texan214
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Two things I'd love to see

Post by Texan214 »

P.S. 4k UI scaling would be much appreciated too since I have to play at 1440p on my 4k machine in order to see any ui menus :P

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”