Unconventional warfare/military advisor function

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Madhawk226
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Unconventional warfare/military advisor function

Post by Madhawk226 »

Is it possible to add a military advisor/unconventional warfare function to the green berets?

I am thinking something like giving them the ability to increase experience or efficiency of other countries units (ie train them). Or even better give them the ability to create guerrilla forces for another country at the expense (equipment/training cost) of the US.

This might be more a goal for the next edition of SR.
Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Unconventional warfare/military advisor function

Post by Rosalis »

I like the idea, ofcourse not just for regions with access to green barrets. There is more going on in the world then just US. Zuikaku added some more special forces which are not in vanilla i think. China and India could also do with some, and what to think about special forces of Israel. They definetely need them and i think they are pretty good. Anyway ill stop rambling.

And ofcourse only if AI can do it as well. The importance of special forces considered by the ai is quite shocking. I see several roles for them, one of them entrenching important cities, but thats off topic. These kinda details are a joke right now tho. Tanks defending cities and infantry thus special forces defending industrial complexes. Same with stacks of artillery on MC without protection. Just like economy in SRU this is American way of thinking. It might have worked that way in WW2, but with everything concentrating more and more in cities, these are the real modern targets. We seen it in North Africa, the middle east and we seen it in Crimea. And the way supply and cloose combat+defence works cities need to be protected at all cost. Loosing production is 1 thing, giving the enemy access to supply when they are already advancing is just asking to loose.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”