A cheat/command that would make the game 10x more enjoyable

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jakers
Sergeant
Human: Yes

A cheat/command that would make the game 10x more enjoyable

Post by jakers »

I had a similar request 3, 4 years ago, but it got no replies from any devs, so hopefully this one will, especially since I don't think it's that hard of a thing to implement.

Every country in the game has it's region code, right? Why not add a simple cheat that allows you to start wars between regions A and B like you can in many other grand strategies? The Saddam cheat is in 99% of cases the most useless possible cheat, since you almost always get pointless wars like Antigua vs Nepal, Turkmenistan vs Luxembourg, Latvia vs Jordan, Malaysia vs Czechia,...and there's 200 countries in the world, so there's an endless amount of combinations and the chances of you getting the one you want or at least one that makes some sense, like India vs Pakistan, North vs South Korea, Russia vs Ukraine, is almost zero.

The closest you can come to a wanted scenario is to be the country you want attacked (for example Ukraine) and then type in Saddamme who knows how many times until you come across Russia, which still gives you a 1 in 200 chance, so you might have to have the entire world in war with you, only for the wanted country to start a war as the last one. Plus in this case you have to control the country being attacked and maybe that's not what you want, but instead want two AI countries to fight each other, for a million different reasons, to watch them and help one or both with units, to help yourself if you are being attacked by a country stronger than you, for more realistic scenarios (for example Germany vs Belgium fight and then you add France to help Belgium) or to simply have something happening and not die from boredom when no one is doing anything.

For example if Serbia is 154 and Albania is 2, a code could be "startfight002vs154" , just imagine the possibilities, maybe even partisans could be added as a code and have Kurdish partisans in Turkey,etc.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: A cheat/command that would make the game 10x more enjoyable

Post by Balthagor »

jakers wrote: Jun 13 2020 Every country in the game has it's region code, right?...
No, there are about 25 region codes and 250 regions. Every US state in Shattered World uses region code U.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

This topic is not about units.

You can do what you want by simply loading the other region.
jakers
Sergeant

Post by jakers »

@rosalils

What do you mean by loading other regions? I know a old method using multiplayer savegames, you play solo as country A, then save the game, exit and load the game as country B, then again save, exit, load the game as country A,etc, if that's what you mean. But that not only isn't simple, but you waste a looot of time and I think that it also prevents you from cheating or something, I don't remember, I did that years ago. Simply entering a cheat like saddam would be 1000 times easier.

@I don't know if they are called region codes, country tags or what nomenclature, but the point is that you should be able to start a war between two countries using a saddam type cheat and for it to not be always belize vs ireland, suriname vs kyrgyzstan and other bizarre combinations like that. I have just now played the game and entered the saddam cheat about 30 times, just typing and typing and typing and not a single war was between two countries on the same continent or countries that would make sense fighting in any way, not a single one! Then I entered saddamme playing as Hungary and out of another 15-ish times I typed it in, only 2 or 3 were countries on the same continent as me and only 1 was a neighbouring country, Croatia, all others were Malaysia, Algeria, Israel, Venezuela...

edit: the post at the bottom describing copying savegame files, if that's what loading other regions is, that's the exact opposite of simple viewtopic.php?t=21746
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

This is a new feature - go to the single player load game menu - select your savegame, and look at the country name, there you can click and select another country.
With this you can load as another country your old savegame and do things like ie. as iceland declaring war to suriname or monaco, save and then load your original region to play on.

Of course i would find it easier if there was a simple console command like "dw japan china" for japan declaring war on china - not using region numbers but full text search for regionname.
Also iam used to see war declarations after some times all over the place and would rather vote for a "peace" option!
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

jakers wrote: Jun 13 2020 ... you should be able to start a war between two countries using a saddam type cheat and for it to not be always belize vs ireland, suriname vs kyrgyzstan and other bizarre combinations like that...
I hear that you're asking for this, but all the "cheat codes" are actually development tools that we needed for testing, that just get used by players as cheat codes. We don't usually go look for ways to let players break the game rules, that just creates additional testing for things that aren't part of the "core experience" and testing takes a lot of resources already.

Because we try to give some consideration to community suggestions, there might be something we could consider for SR Next Gen (SRU development has now ended) but the suggestion your OP is based on the idea that region codes are unique to regions. They are not, so the initial suggestion cannot be implemented as described. If you have another idea you'd like us to consider, you're welcome to make a new suggestion.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

You want a real challenge? No region must fall or the game is over. Love to see some save games of that, Its my new challenge. Not just games that are peacefull ofcourse, rather all regions at war, just not being able to do anything:) Might wanna lock some research for some regions and like US and Russia turn off ai control so you can supply the world easier and faster. I manage all regions, entrench their troops, manage their economy, and well i use a couple of rules. For example when a region declare more then 5 wars its only fair for others to annex, or incase of +1B population regions, puppet them. But yeah to each their own. Another more reachable challenge might be to let red sphere grow and survive, just with the wars that the ai declare.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”