Make multiplayer saves nameable and allow players to switch countries in single player

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

alm2k19
Corporal
Human: Yes

Make multiplayer saves nameable and allow players to switch countries in single player

Post by alm2k19 »

Could you all please make it so you can name your multiplayer save game? Also, could you make it so a player can switch countries in single player in the middle of the campaign like other strategy games?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Make multiplayer saves nameable and allow players to switch countries in single player

Post by Balthagor »

Mutliplayer savegames have to be autonamed since they happen on all systems at the same time. Autonaming is required to keep things in sync.

What games allow you to change factions mid game? Not saying they don't exist, but I don't know that I've run into any.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
alm2k19
Corporal

Re: Make multiplayer saves nameable and allow players to switch countries in single player

Post by alm2k19 »

Like HOI4 or EUIV or Vicky 2 allow you to switch countries. Although some don't like civ vi. I'm asking if you could include such a feature because right now I kinda "backdoor" switch by hosting a multiplayer game and picking countries I want to switch to.
Is there a way to rename the auto named save within the game? And could you perhaps add some sort of timestamp?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Savegame name/time stamp would be a lot of work for this late in the development cycle. Same with loading as other regions, we don't have the user interface for that. Using MP games to switch is a reasonable work around.

I did notice that your 3 game examples are all the one same engine.

These ideas aren't bad, we just have a big wishlist and few resources left for the project at this stage in it's life cycle. It's not impossible, but not very likely.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
alm2k19
Corporal

Post by alm2k19 »

Thanks, I understand! Perhaps some features for GR!
alm2k19
Corporal

Post by alm2k19 »

@balthagor

Is there any way you all could maybe have some option where you can one click go to the page where you select options,load the mp save, and pick your nation that comes up after you click host? I can go in and rename my multiplayer saves in the file folder and delete the ones I don't need, so really just being able to go directly to that menu without the other layers of menus would be great.
I don't know if that would be hard to implement, but it seems like it should be relatively easy to just have a button to go directly to the aforementioned screen and not change anything else?
Does that make sense?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sorry, I didn't fully follow that. I'd need you to explain that a bit more...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
alm2k19
Corporal

Post by alm2k19 »

Could there be a main menu shortcut that takes you directly to this screen?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

alm2k19 wrote: Dec 04 2019 Could there be a main menu shortcut that takes you directly to this screen?
We could, but it would save you exactly 1 click. I don't see it being worth it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”