Fix Cuba's starting techs

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Flayer
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Fix Cuba's starting techs

Post by Flayer »

One thing that's stood out to me on all playthroughs is that Cuba is decades behind the rest of the world in terms of technology. The whole world, mind you, not just leading powers like America, Europe, and Japan. If I'm playing a game as Malawi or Somalia, I'm still starting dozens and dozens of techs ahead of the Cubans.

This situation is not realistic and it opens up a big exploit. If I'm playing a third world country in Africa I can sell a new tech to Cuba every day and basically get an unlimited stream of money (they seem to be 100 or more techs behind everyone else). This is absurd, and long overdue for correction. It would not be much work to include a fix for Cuba's tech files in the next update, putting them on par with the rest of Central America.
arakan94
Lieutenant

Re: Fix Cuba's starting techs

Post by arakan94 »

You should probably state which scenario is this about.
Flayer
Sergeant

Post by Flayer »

All the ones set in 2020
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

And since 2017 and 2018 are a copy of 2020, those too.
Flayer
Sergeant

Post by Flayer »

Checking in to see if this was ever addressed
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

SRU development had already ended when this thread was started. I don't find any notes about changes to Cuba's starting techs. We did a small update in January to include Biden in one of the maps, but didn't make changes beyond that. This many years after release, we're on to new projects.

This is something modders could change.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I can give you a list of techs i add in my personal mod so far. Its hard as it is to find all the numbers to add 20 techs to advance 2 years.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You don't have to add all of them. If you give a region a tech, it gets all the required prerequisites automatically. Just find the latest ones you want to give.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yea, that might be the exact suggestion. Automate or atleast try to do your research.

Checking back in the game it seems Cuba was in the automasation of adding mass techs in one of the latest patches, so yeah it might be enough for him/her. Atleast they know how to refridgerate their food, which wasnt the case for about 5-6 years. Altho i doubt that. Mounted infantry/motorised engineer aint gonna do much. Pretty sure US garrisons are stronger then that without the 100% city bonus plus fortified bonus techs. You could get some decent designs from Russia tho, so you can atleast defend yourself and grow with them. Researching the IOF-2 also isnt a bad idea. As long US doesnt declare war on you in the first month you should be ok. Else well better start picking on their navy 1 by 1 as much you can, cause they gonna send alot of strong ships. But yeah you might also just be bored killing Cuba like that.
In that case i can help you make them a little more competetive. Atleast in a longer run under the right circumstances. Still need ai to build troops you see. But if you give them something usefull, that will help.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”