New hotkeys

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

arakan94
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

New hotkeys

Post by arakan94 »

It would be great to have hotkeys for all common actions in game - to save mouse clicks and movement. Hotkeys are configurable in INI/Hotkeys.csv file so all I need are corresponding Action Values and Udef if needed.

Here's a list of what I would like:
  • showing/hiding units on map
  • opening Technical readout of selected unit
  • actions in Filter Unit selection (add highlighted type(s), ...)
  • Filter to Land Units (Air, Naval) - this highlights bases of that type, which is awesome and it would be tremendous if I could do it on keyboard
  • opening/closing measuring tool - it would be much more useful if I didn't have to click on small icon every time I want to use it :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: New hotkeys

Post by Balthagor »

2763 - showing/hiding units on map

1861 - opening Technical readout of selected unit ** Warning, this might crash the game if it doesn't understand the focus unit. Designed to be used only when a list of units is open and has a selection.

actions in Filter Unit selection (add highlighted type(s), ...)
** Not possible the way the list is designed, they all have the same value, the position in the list determines the action.

Filter to Land Units (Air, Naval) - this highlights bases of that type, which is awesome and it would be tremendous if I could do it on keyboard
- Here is where it gets more complicated. There is a second value called a UDef. Action 530 is "all branches". A530, Udef 1 is land. A530, udef 2 is air, A530 Udef 3 is naval. The Udef is the next data point after the action value in the sheet. So you need 4 different keys here.

opening/closing measuring tool - it would be much more useful if I didn't have to click on small icon every time I want to use it :)
2189 to open - Close already has a hotkey <Esc>
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arakan94
Lieutenant

Post by arakan94 »

Thank you very much!

Shame about that Filter Unit Selection things.. Was hoping that there would be Udef for those options :( It would make army management much quicker and less of a PITA.
arakan94
Lieutenant

Post by arakan94 »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 13 2019 2763 - showing/hiding units on map

1861 - opening Technical readout of selected unit ** Warning, this might crash the game if it doesn't understand the focus unit. Designed to be used only when a list of units is open and has a selection.

actions in Filter Unit selection (add highlighted type(s), ...)
** Not possible the way the list is designed, they all have the same value, the position in the list determines the action.

Filter to Land Units (Air, Naval) - this highlights bases of that type, which is awesome and it would be tremendous if I could do it on keyboard
- Here is where it gets more complicated. There is a second value called a UDef. Action 530 is "all branches". A530, Udef 1 is land. A530, udef 2 is air, A530 Udef 3 is naval. The Udef is the next data point after the action value in the sheet. So you need 4 different keys here.

opening/closing measuring tool - it would be much more useful if I didn't have to click on small icon every time I want to use it :)
2189 to open - Close already has a hotkey <Esc>
So.. 1861 - opening Technical readout does sadly nothing.. Perhaps wrong number or missing Udef?

Suggested mapping:
  • Measuring tool works - I suggest assigning to <M>, which is currently unused and Measuring will make it easy to remember
  • Unit display filter works beautifully - I suggest mapping it to <X>, which is currently unused and very easy to reach.. It's also good that <CTRL+X> is "max zoom out", which means that now you press X and then CTRL+X and get nice view with relatively smooth FPS
  • Filter to Land/Air/Naval/All works, but there is no good place to map it without moving some already existing hotkey elsewhere - those hotkeys should be next to each other and in order to make it user-friendly (I used Q, W, E, R)
As for the Filter Unit Selection - it would be nice if it was available as shortcut.. Perhaps someone on the team would like to implement it (should be fairly simple change) on top of their normal work.. :oops:

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”