Supporting governments is broken, please fix.

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Schmidty
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Supporting governments is broken, please fix.

Post by Schmidty »

if you spend the least amount possible on supporting governments, the full amount is given as 'free money' to that country you are supporting. If the economy is much bigger it will give the money in full no matter how much you spend supporting the government of the smaller country. For example, if you load up cold war and spend only in the hundreds of thousands per day(practically nothing) as the Soviets on supporting China's government, it will get 50 million + extra income per day and it will increase over time. It is artificial money at this point and you can take advantage of it a lot and countries you want to trade with will have lots of money if you support them, allowing exploitation.

What the fix needs to be is the amount you spend on supporting governments is the amount the country your supporting gets. If you spend 1 million on supporting a government, then the country you are doing that towards gets 1 million. Currently, whatever it says is the per day cost of supporting governments is what the nation you support gets, no matter how much you spend per day. So one can exploit this by spending next to nothing on supporting governments while the country you are supporting gets the full money amount they would get if the slider was on recommended.
Last edited by Schmidty on Oct 24 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supporting governments is broken, please fix.

Post by Balthagor »

Anyone else played with this?
ticket 22968
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Schmidty
Warrant Officer

Post by Schmidty »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 05 2019 Anyone else played with this?
ticket 22968
Well, considering our entire MP group uses a mod made by Dylan to get rid of the supporting government and supporting opposition button, that is another 5-10 regular SRU players and many more non regular who agree with my post. We all did a vote on it and it was unanimous. None of them use the forums besides me, so I thought I would mention on there behalf. Yaki Da, Makinson, Marcelli, Nic507, Fried Faction, Schmidty(me) and Charon(Des) are the regular players I am speaking on behalf of.
HellBoyz77
Lieutenant

Post by HellBoyz77 »

Greetings, i reopen this point because i found this kind of behaviour in my game.

I'm playing Great War DLC in SRU, and as Somaliland (liberated it reloading the save game as Italy) i'm supporting the government of USA, Italy, Germany and China for free, and i've maxed out their Diplomacy Rating toward me.

The interface screen says that it shoould cost me around 40M per year for each one, but i noticed just 2M per year in expense report under State -> Intelligence.

This can lead to huge exploit.

Best regards.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Im not one too use cheats in this game, but this feature i actually love. The way to fix China in 2020 scenarios :lol: Load all the regions that trap into China fake money seduction, and the game is much more interesting. Its not like the rest of the economy isnt artificial.

You can also see this as regions making unions suporting economic growth. Something you actually see more and more. Small countries sharing ideals making unions to make a fist to other regions in the area. Imagine an union between Canada, UK and Australia, that would have the potential to form a new superpower. Certainly not someone you want to mess with if you can prevent it. Or check Cambodia gdp/c from 1998 (296) to now 26k gdp/c, joining a South East Asiatic union (ASEAN).

You can actually grow GDP/C again, but noooo lets get rid of it |O |O |O

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”