Serb unit addition request (Split from Changelog 9.1.114)

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Serb unit addition request (Split from Changelog 9.1.114)

Post by Zuikaku »

milivoje02 wrote: Dec 13 2019
What do you suggest for f 18 in Region group of Germany,Greece? And what you suggest for mig 25 and 29 in region group of Siria,Egipt?
No hard feelings!
See what the problem is? You just tend not to read or ignore posts you don't like and keep posting same questions over and over again. You wouldn't asked this if you had really followed discussion carefully.

And solution for AI not being able to trade designs is certainly not to give specific national designs to all of the regional groups.

P.S. It doesn't matter at all what I think, BGs opinion is what matters...
Please teach AI everything!
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

milivoje02 wrote: Dec 13 2019 Zuikaku if you expand with Malta on all Europe and Russia(of corse if form some reason Russia did not nuke the hell in you) shoud you stil devolop units like you have 400 000 people reasorses or like you have 600 000 000 people rasorses to spend on future devolopment of units?
There was a thread a years ago when we asked the BGs to enable "capturing of designs". So, when Malta conquires italy (in serious strategy game this shoul'd never happen BTW), it gets some (but not all) of their designs.

We have failed to make this feature on their wishlist.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Zuikaku wrote: Dec 13 2019
milivoje02 wrote: Dec 13 2019 Zuikaku if you expand with Malta on all Europe and Russia(of corse if form some reason Russia did not nuke the hell in you) shoud you stil devolop units like you have 400 000 people reasorses or like you have 600 000 000 people rasorses to spend on future devolopment of units?
There was a thread a years ago when we asked the BGs to enable "capturing of designs". So, when Malta conquires italy (in serious strategy game this shoul'd never happen BTW), it gets some (but not all) of their designs.

We have failed to make this feature on their wishlist.
USA and USSSR had done similar with Germany rocket desinge and tex after world war 2 as an example of capture capturing technology and design.
Many weapons have emerged as a multi-country co-operation. In that manner I compared the creation of a Japanese aircraft and a Yugoslav tank. Cooperation on unit desinge with molti-countries is realstic in real world. Like USA on f 35,like Russia on su 57,like Sebia and UAE on rocket sistem ALLAS,like Germany,France,UK,Italy,Spain on Euro fighter. Cooperation will occur in the future,we should not leave some regions handicapped.
All world economies are a mixture of capital of various countries,that is the least realistic here,inability to invest in another country's economy and profit.
And nuclear wepons. It is not realistic to conquer a nuclear power. And in game Russia,Cina,France,UK,India,Israel capitlate and do not use their nucliar arsenal to destroy a enemy.(USA never capitilafe from other AI) That is what is not realistic.
It is realistic there will be cooperation and countries that have a domestic armaments industry will develop domestic wepons and do not need to be humiliated.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote: Dec 13 2019 There shoul'd be world designs (like Regal tank) but do not make specific national units world units!
I tend to agree. Maybe I'll try and make "generic" world versions for some of the X researchable added units and remove the X as these get added. It's true that we became inconsistent when some of these changes were made.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: Dec 13 2019
Zuikaku wrote: Dec 13 2019 There shoul'd be world designs (like Regal tank) but do not make specific national units world units!
I tend to agree. Maybe I'll try and make "generic" world versions for some of the X researchable added units and remove the X as these get added. It's true that we became inconsistent when some of these changes were made.
I can help with that... at least once I finally get some spare time to work on the unit database. Which type of world units is lacking most. And also, it is wrong to mark this unit's region as W. I find it wrong when major regions with indegnious units can also build generic "world" units. I woul'd prefer "world" units have B, S,T, V, X,Y, Z designation.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote: Dec 14 2019 ... I woul'd prefer "world" units have B, S,T, V, X,Y, Z designation.
Makes sense.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

This should be done by BG team. They are more objective and do not have prejudices against some regions.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Dec 11 2019 I'm not sure why it's not researchable, we'll have to investigate. Ticket 23919
I solved the question that this unit could not be dovoloped in X and T group. Because before it is necessary to devolop unit 5452 SM ADATS Pantsyir.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

milivoje02 wrote: Apr 28 2020
Balthagor wrote: Dec 11 2019 I'm not sure why it's not researchable, we'll have to investigate. Ticket 23919
I solved the question that this unit could not be dovoloped in X and T group. Because before it is necessary to devolop unit 5452 SM ADATS Pantsyir.
Great! glad it's solved. Enjoy the unit :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 28 2020
milivoje02 wrote: Apr 28 2020
Great! glad it's solved. Enjoy the unit :)
That means unit 5452 should be insert in region groups X and T,because without it the unit 5463 is not available.
They belong to future units because no country developed that units at the beginning of the game.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Unfortunately, with the update already in testing, we won't be adjust any of the data files anymore. By my count, we have one more bug to fix then we go live and SRU development is done. Anything else will have to be suggestions for the next version of the game.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Did you solve the problem with losing and retrning of regional textures?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That's the remaining bug.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Good luck in solving the bug.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”