AI Behavior .. spending too much money !

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Von Thoma
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

AI Behavior .. spending too much money !

Post by Von Thoma »

So after playing with Austria up to 1950 , some countries are broken, because they couldn't afford their army anymore ...
USA has a minus of 1 000 000 000 000 WTF ,,, so they haven't researched anything !

PLEASE could someone include an AI script, that AI SCRATCHes old UNITS
or conquered/own energy buildings, when it researched "energy grid" !

after that reduce "social spending"
and after that increase "taxes"

Thank you
NovaCameron
Sergeant

Re: AI Behavior .. spending too much money !

Post by NovaCameron »

I think the problem is the ever increasing social spending that eventually cripples nations. I have had to lop off a good 20%-40% of my GDP every few years to keep social spending under control. The AI isn't programmed to strip social spending down to zero to trigger economic growth. Add in the fact that civ demand increase WAY TO BLOODY FAST. This also cripples nations as then they have no exports. I think they should allow internal pricing to be set up to 500% over the base price. It seems to be the only way to keep demand under control. you can max out every pricing and STILL have not enough to satisfy demand even at 95% taxes. It is impossible to play for years without Civies crippling you with there outrageous demands.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by GreenGoblin »

Increasing demand is a good thing. But, you need taxation to be at a higher level to take advantage of increased gdp. If your domestic prices are high enough you can make profits on importing, so it's not critical if you're not self sufficient on everything.
NovaCameron
Sergeant

Post by NovaCameron »

GreenGoblin wrote:Increasing demand is a good thing. But, you need taxation to be at a higher level to take advantage of increased gdp. If your domestic prices are high enough you can make profits on importing, so it's not critical if you're not self sufficient on everything.
yes but what happens when you can't break even on social and military expenses and you can do nothing to kick start growth as if you do oil and other product's demand goes through the roof. The problem is that you CAN'T raise internal prices far enough to balance out supply and demand. At least at sane below 80% tax rates.
gevans
Warrant Officer

Post by gevans »

It's not just the social programs that cause most of the larger AI controlled nations to go broke.

It's the miliatary too.
They keep adding to military production and unless all this stuff dies in battle it keeps growing till the money runs out.
Then include all the stuff that stays at the base it's made in .......like artillery and rarely ever goes anywhere or gets used unless the battle happens to get really close.
So you end up with dozens and even hundreds of pieces of equipment sitting at the base it's made in and never does anything.
It's no wonder most of the larger countries go broke.

This was a problem in 2020 and was hoping BG fixed it by now.........but it still happens.
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

Indeed, the AI seems to build just for sake of keeping the production lines rolling

Curious, is the AI more effective in scrapping/selling units it no longer has use for? (Not really played enough to answer this with confidence myself)
gevans
Warrant Officer

Post by gevans »

I haven't seen the ai scrap any units so I don't really know for sure.

I have noticed now that it's already been mentioned........that the costs of maintaining military units seems to have gone down from SR 2020 GC while social programs costs have gone up.
I guess it was the easiest way to deal with huge inventories of unused military units.

I have a question.
The single biggest expense in social programs is often infrastructure.
Which would usually make it the single biggest cost in the game.

How do you lower the cost of roads and rails in SR 1936 ?
I know I figured out how to do that in SR 2020 GC and brought the cost's of maintaining roads and rails down by half.
But that was a while ago and I haven't been able to figure it out now.......can you still do it ??

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”