Right click to give order

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Right click to give order

Post by Ruges »

Right now as I see it, when you right click a spot with a unit selected it gives a move to order. If you want to give any order other then move to, You have to first select it in the units order window.

In 2020 when you right clicked an area with a unit selected, a popup would give you options as to what that unit could do to that target hex. I much preferred to the 2020 method of ordering units around then the 1936 method.

You would think the 1936 method is better since its less steps when ordering a unit to move to. However the time saved when not having to right click and then left to move to, is lost by now having to move your mouse all the way down and scroll threw the orders list when trying to do something other then move to.

however I do like the unit orders window for everything that needs to be done that does not include selecting a location on the map.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Right click to give order

Post by Balthagor »

<Ctrl+right click>

This hasn't changed from SRCW to SR1936 but I realize you played more of the former.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I think that at one point we talked about having a game option to swap the default-move between rightclick and control-rightclick, though for some reason that hasn't made it to the game options screen. We should probably consider adding that in as an option.

The change to using right-click to move units was made to be more consistent with most other RTS style games, though of course it still takes getting used to.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

did not know about this CTrl click thing

Infact, i remember finding a lot of the keybindings only on the wiki for the other games.

Can we haz' an ingame options/info panel that tells us all the keybindings .... perhaps even allow us to reset them? :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mattpilot wrote:...Can we haz' an ingame options/info panel that tells us all the keybindings...
Consider that every word in game is an extra cost to localize for each language. And we already have a LOT of text in game.

This is already on our wishlist but there are many things of higher priority.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

I feel your pain - i often write mountains of code to accomodate dynamic text in different languages (albeit only websites, but still ;-)).

Nevertheless ...... letting the player know HOW to play the game (by telling him what buttons he can press) is pretty much on the top of the list of "required things". Saying "go visit the wiki" isn't really the fine english way :-)
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

+1 to all user feedback

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”