Foriegn bases

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Foriegn bases

Post by Ruges »

This is somthing that has been talked about before. But I think I might have a solution that would fit into the current game mechanics.

The ability to build bases on foriegn territory.

First off it would be seperated into two types. Military and economy. With treaties required to build them. For instance in order to build a baracks on anouhter countries territory, it would require you to have a military treaty, and then you build the strucutre on that territory (the hexes ownership does not change hands), only the structure is marked with the flag of the owning country.

This way you dont have to have a forign country occupy an entire hex when it has a base at those locations. Infact you might see a single hex have two bases. One from the host country, and one from the foriegn. It seems like somthing like this might be a solution to a problem you have been dealing with for awhile now BG. And by doing this way, I think it would work with your current game design.

This could even be taken a bit further. and have treaties for specific building types. You might have barracks, airfields, and seaports under one treaty type. And then fabrications under anouther. Or maybe even a treaty for each type of structure.

And when you start looking at the economic structures, Well there are a ton of possibilities that can be done here. basicaly opening a whole new area of the game.
number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Foriegn bases

Post by number47 »

Interesting ideas...thumbs up Ruges!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Thumbs up from me as well
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Sounds like a good idea. One thing I noticed as the Soviet Union is that E. Germany has few airbases and airfields, and it would be nice to build a couple more to based hoards of aircraft out of.

I think fabrication facitilies is streching it a little bit depending on whether you consider them "training" facilities or actual factories.
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

Factories no' but i think oil buildings and ore buildings would be good. And also the military bases
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

I don't think that mil fabs should be allowed, but airfelds, barracks, supply depots and sea piers could be allowed.
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Interesting idea...

They will have to track the owner of every single building in the map and will have to resolve stuff like Country A attacking a Country B hex, on which Country C owns some buildings but it is not at war with A ... Attack could be in many different ways : artillery, area missiles, plain capture...etc...

Balth, move to 1936?
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

moved
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

This si something I have been wishing for since 2020. I hope this is possible, and gets in the game.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Draken wrote:Interesting idea...

They will have to track the owner of every single building in the map and will have to resolve stuff like Country A attacking a Country B hex, on which Country C owns some buildings but it is not at war with A ... Attack could be in many different ways : artillery, area missiles, plain capture...etc...

Balth, move to 1936?
If country C builds a base in country A. and then country B declares war on A and captures the hex containing the base. Country B takes control of the base unless country C has the base treaty with country B.
Pioneer199@aol.com
Lieutenant

Post by Pioneer199@aol.com »

In that case I agree with ruges. Country C would just loose ownership of the base unless they have the proper training. It would add some amount of CB for country C to attack country B. But more then likely country C would be helping country A out in the war anyway if they had a treaty for bases it would only make sense they have mutual defense as well
Pioneer199@aol.com
Lieutenant

Treaty not training.......smartphones |O
Prescot
Lieutenant

Post by Prescot »

How do you imagine Belgium or any other minor country building military bases on US/UK territory? ?+
AI accept treaties easily even in Cold War. :-?
Pioneer199@aol.com
Lieutenant

What if it were limited to just major world powers via how much building capacity they have. For instance maybe in order to get a military building treaty for land forces to show up in the diplomacy scr een you'd have to have 25 active land fabrications. Same for air and sea but maybe smaller requirements. This would limit it to only major world powers having bases around the globe.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

That would actually be something for BG to think about. Because that is getting in the realm of what works in side the game engine.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”