Unit Trades

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Unit Trades

Post by Balthagor »

moved.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Can we at last have selective unit trade, please!!!
Please teach AI everything!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

There should be, IMHO, no "unit trade" in SR36. You can have "unit sales" to allies perhaps, but that is it. Having the ability to buy tanks, planes, etc. in WWII was a major diplomatic issue (example: US Lend Lease Program, Soviet and Italian/German aid to the Spanish, etc.). Some arms trading should be allowed, not the ability to buy weapons like countries did in the Cold War.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Aragos wrote:There should be, IMHO, no "unit trade" in SR36. You can have "unit sales" to allies perhaps, but that is it. Having the ability to buy tanks, planes, etc. in WWII was a major diplomatic issue (example: US Lend Lease Program, Soviet and Italian/German aid to the Spanish, etc.). Some arms trading should be allowed, not the ability to buy weapons like countries did in the Cold War.
What you are proposing would limit the game to 1936-1949 timeframe...some compromise must be possible...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Aragos wrote:There should be, IMHO, no "unit trade" in SR36. You can have "unit sales" to allies perhaps, but that is it. Having the ability to buy tanks, planes, etc. in WWII was a major diplomatic issue (example: US Lend Lease Program, Soviet and Italian/German aid to the Spanish, etc.). Some arms trading should be allowed, not the ability to buy weapons like countries did in the Cold War.
Weapons were not sold exclusively to the allies, even in that period. Germany sold weapons to Chinese (not allied nation) and to Latin America (not allied nations). During the time of war, weapons were sold exclusively to the allies but that is in the time of war. We need ability to buy weapons normally. for all those who (for any strange reasons) do not like that feature, BG can implement the option to turn weapons trade off!!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

number47 wrote:
What you are proposing would limit the game to 1936-1949 timeframe...some compromise must be possible...

...which is what I think they are doing with this game. Personally, I'd be VERY happy with at 1936-2070(?) game, but I think the intent of this game is to cover the events of WWII alone and not extend past the WWII era (1946/47?). At least that is what I've been reading in the responses to posts.

I agree that if the game goes past WWII, it needs to have a trade market for weapons. It might even be some sort of Societial tech ("International Arms Trade"?) that allows for it by the larger countries.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

And why do you think there were no weapons trade during WW2 :roll: Based on what?!
you have to also bear in mind that SR1936 will become platform for many mods, so disabling weapons trade is completely and utterly WRONG! And absence of weapons trades is wrong in the whole SR series.... there are people out there that actually expect to be able to purchase weapons in this global strategy/political simulator since it is a logical and essential part of global politics, politics, economy and defense in real life...
And we can always have "turn off unit trades" switch for all the people that do not like trading weapons :wink:
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I hope this time that the goats will add shift clicking to trading units as its really annoying to individually click each and every one of them.

On unit trading, it happened more then you think, have a look at Vickers in the UK at armoured vehicle/ship exports between 1900 and the late 30's. Also the Italians sold a number of ships and submarines to Sweeden and Russia as I recall during the 20's and 30's.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”