How about some save game info?

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kellick
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: How about some save game info?

Post by Kellick »

It would be useful. Shouldn't be that hard to implement, but if it is, then yes, there are a lot more important things.

In the meantime for the non-technical people out there, go to your savegame folder (should be in documents\my games\supreme ruler 2020 (or CW, etc)\Savegame and click "date modified" to sort by time/date stamp (if you don't see it across the top, right click and select view - details)
provolone
Warrant Officer

Post by provolone »

The work around seems simple enough that this should be a low priority. My ideal save/load interface would display a minimap of the world & current conflicts. Transferring saves from the multiplayer folder is another reason to alt-tab. It is easy enough to keep a shell open in another window for moving and listing saves.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

[_]O Just an explanation for those who didn't read the thread from the beginning.

As stated in the first post, we all (at least, most of us) know how to see which save is the last but the reason this was brought up was because SRCW at one point had big instabilities problem for some of the users. It got tiresome to go into my doc/my games/...etc every 15 min to see which auto-save was the last one. And since now they are sorted alphabetically, how hard could it be to program them to be sorted out by last created (as a simplest and crudest solution)? This thread didn't ask for fancy load menu with pictures of the world, details of ongoing wars and such. It asked for a simple solution to the problem of identifying, within the game, which is the last save created. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Ok, now that you have released the pinnacle of the series, how about you separate few hours of your time and give us this simple feature that every game in the history of games has had? :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

So your suggesting we've done such a bang up job doing our work we should take a break and kick back by doing more work? That's just mean... :P

It's not actually a simple feature, but remains on my personal wishlist.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”