Managing Units

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Barbarossa66
Corporal
Human: Yes

Managing Units

Post by Barbarossa66 »

I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to manage my units. I'm fine with micro managing everything myself, but the supply trucks and ships. I tried setting all forces to initiative - none in the ministerial tab and then locking the minister out in global ROE and giving all of my supply ships and trucks seperate ROE that gives him control and sets their initiative to high. 60 of my supply trucks just went into reserves. I tried setting unit initiative to low and reset global ROE to give ministerial control to all units (thinking maybe the units have to call for supply) and now most of my support units are going into reserves (this is while I am at war as well). I then gave the previous ROE to all supply vehicles and still they do nothing while I have units out of supply.

It seems all the AI control does when I turn it on is move all of my units into reserve. I have nothing selected at all in the minister priorities. I cannot figure this out. If anyone could troubleshoot this with me or give me some guidance I would be really appreciative. I really enjoy the game, but this supply management is sucking a lot of the fun out of it.

Thank you
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Managing Units

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
Barbarossa66
Corporal

Re: Managing Units

Post by Barbarossa66 »

I read somewhere that the AI was able to handle it, but I just can't get it to work. I really can't get the AI to do anything effectively as far as unit management. My biggest problems with the game seem to be supplying ships, managing planes(after assigning a mission I just lose track of them), and moving infantry. I hoped removing the supply truck/cargo ship micro management would help simplify things a bit.

I have been moving the supply trucks manually and its not that big of a deal, but I really dislike that most of the time I have to wait for a unit to be out of supply to remember to do so.

Edit: Not that I want things simple exactly. It is a great game, but it could really use some more tools to help manage things. I also like the supply system a lot in most ways.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”