New units stuck in 'pending'.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Farflame
Sergeant
Human: Yes

New units stuck in 'pending'.

Post by Farflame »

I've just started a new game as Poland and I built a new land and a new aircraft fabrication. When I add units to the queue, they go into 'pending' but seem stuck there forever (months now). The old fabrication seems to be working fine, but it's as though the new factories just aren't working.

I thought perhaps it was something to do with a lack of an airbase or barracks, but it can't be because it builds one automatically on these hexes anyway (unless there's one there already).

Any idea what's wrong?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: New units stuck in 'pending'.

Post by Balthagor »

Probably faster to look at a savegame than to start making guess. Please zip and email it to me, include ticket 20558 in the subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Farflame
Sergeant

Post by Farflame »

Thanks, have sent it. Don't know if other factors affect this, maybe I'm just not understanding the rules. Anyway, email sent.
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

I've noticed that this seems to happen when you are adding units to the production queue in "all production" mode (as opposed to production for a specific hex) and a new production center has come on line while there are queued units. It seems like none of the units are assigned to the new production center until the queue is empty. I get around this by specifically selecting the new production center and queuing up units for it.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

rogerbacon wrote:I've noticed that this seems to happen when you are adding units to the production queue in "all production" mode (as opposed to production for a specific hex) and a new production center has come on line while there are queued units. It seems like none of the units are assigned to the new production center until the queue is empty. I get around this by specifically selecting the new production center and queuing up units for it.
This is true. Aready queued units will not "shift" to newley finished factory. Cancel them and start building them again at the new location.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”