Events

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ZEvans96
Major
Human: Yes

Events

Post by ZEvans96 »

Are there any events after WWII? Like are there wars, colonies becoming independent? Basically is it over after WWII?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Events

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, there are events up till ~ 1980 but they are not as heavily structured.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:Yes, there are events up till ~ 1980 but they are not as heavily structured.
Are you talking about remnants from SRCW or new ones created by new events system created for SR1936?

Yeah, I know the answer but I had to ask... :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It is the SRCW events.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I still think random wars from time to time are a good idea to keep the world alive.
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Random would create illogical situations. Uruguay attacking Nepal or Australia attacking Canada would be very strange. And if they just go to war, relations would cause them to make peace right away.

What you're really looking for is relation shifts over time. That remains on our wishlist. I'm actually playing with some of that today, but what I'm doing is fairly experimental at this point.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:Random would create illogical situations. Uruguay attacking Nepal or Australia attacking Canada would be very strange. And if they just go to war, relations would cause them to make peace right away.

What you're really looking for is relation shifts over time. That remains on our wishlist. I'm actually playing with some of that today, but what I'm doing is fairly experimental at this point.
No, I do not mean that random wars are purely random. I woul'd like to see neighbouring regions having random disputes from time to time, which might trigger war. Like Algeria and Tunisia having dispute over hex XXX,YYY which severs their diplo relations and have 40% chance to escalate into war.

Or cross-border exchange of fire between Greece and Albania which leads to war. These are things we all miss.

And selective unit trade :D
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:Random would create illogical situations. Uruguay attacking Nepal or Australia attacking Canada would be very strange. And if they just go to war, relations would cause them to make peace right away.

Were this experiments successfull? :-) Hope they were. It's boring to know in advance when all the wars are going to start....
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Overall, yes, but I haven't had time to do more wide scale experimentation or apply what I've learned. Swamped with other tasks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:Overall, yes, but I haven't had time to do more wide scale experimentation or apply what I've learned. Swamped with other tasks.
This is really a great news. Hope to see this feature soon!

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”