Giving back land to its rightful owner

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MikeRegan
Lieutenant

Giving back land to its rightful owner

Post by MikeRegan »

Ran into a problem and need some advice.
Iran was invaded by Italy and had half its land conquered. Having Full Treaty relations with Iran, the US responded w/tanks and infantry and took Italy back to its original borders. Problem- the land is now the US and for Iran to get it back, it would have to declare war on the US. Tried to completely vacant the area and see if Iran would take it back through its "influence" or "loyalty" in the area but that didn't work. Am I missing something in the game to allow me to give back the land without conflict? Thanks for any help.
Von Bismarck
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Giving back land to its rightful owner

Post by Von Bismarck »

In your description "full treaty" I suspect that means everything but a formal alliance. If they had been allied, I believe you could have captured the lost territory back for them, but w/o that alliance it just becomes yours. Happy Birthday, from Iran :o !

The only way to give it back now would be a DoW.
MikeRegan
Lieutenant

Re: Giving back land to its rightful owner

Post by MikeRegan »

That makes sense, thanks. No, I didn't have a "full treaty" w/Iran. I just declared war on the aggressor and assumed Iran could be given back the land. Actually, it probably considered me an invader. I just declared war on Iran and then retreated to a safe place. They took the land back and I'm trying to establish relations with them again.

Appreciate the explanation.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”