Supreme Ruler 1936 Update Released - Version 8.0.111

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Update Released - Version 8.0.111

Post by George Geczy »

Aragos wrote:any news on the quick fix for T-54's? USSR is overrunning the planet in 1937 ;)
Update Version 8.1.3 posted now, the time traveling T-54s should be resolved.

Still looking into scattered reports of the game slowdowns.

-- George.
Von Bismarck
Captain
Human: Yes

Post by Von Bismarck »

Not sure if it is connected to the update or not, I just ran into an treasury bug, playing as Germany in Sandbox. On July 16th, 1958, (yes I like to extend the game out like that) I go from Millions of $'s in the black to Trillions of $'s of negative.
Treasury.jpg
I zipped a saved game, but I can't get it to upload here.

I found a similar issue at this link http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... ry#p159758
Your advice was to e-mail a zip. I did not have a ticket number to reference but I sent the zip to Chris under the subject of "Treasury Implosion"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

@Balthagor, @George...

I have traced a major part of the slowdowns, at least on my system, to having recently updated my NVidia drivers to version 340.43. Driver rollback sped up later-game play significantly.
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

Slowdowns for me happen around the start of 1940, before then I have turn times of about 3 to 4 seconds. I have tried rolling back to Geforce driver 337.88 with no improvements. I have 25 to 30 second turns on fastest setting after 1940. Did not have this issue prior to latest update.

Video card GTX 680 , cpu I7 920 at 3.8
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you are having slow gamplay, please send us your DxDiag output file;

*Go to start menu
*Click run
*Type in "dxdiag"
*Save the log file

Please send it to support@battlegoat.com and include ticket 20016 in the subject line.

Thanks!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I'll get you mine as well. The game starts to bog down once most of the major powers are at war (1940/41).

Just some observations:
--all notes on setting of Military to VH--

1) Part of the slowdown problem could be the Naval AI. I still see huge clusters of ships moving in/out of port for a few hexes (if that) and then constantly moving in place. Trouble spots include southern UK, Tokyo Bay and Alexandria, Egypt.

2) Naval AI. It has pretty much stopped the rush to suicide by merchant ship, with a few exceptions now and again. On the flip side, warships don't move out to sea anymore. I've yet to see an Allied or Axis ship in the Atlantic (playing as the USA), and Japan never sent a single ship out of a hex or two from their home ports.

3) Land AI. Instead of throwing troops away via merchant ship or rush to attack, the AI is instead just clustering around the build locations (aka Land Fabs). The result is that the AI is letting guerrillas pretty much overrun everything (Japan lost probably 20% of China while having ample forces to kill partisans...but didn't). Big tough clusters around Land Fabs, but nothing else.

On the good side...
1-Great 'worldwide' techs/vehicles/etc. Adds a lot to the game, esp. for smaller countries.
2-Merchant ships seem to be tougher than before, which cuts back on the massacres.
3-With the right techs, the AI is building better units.
4-World market seems to be running smoother; no massive shortages until war (oil, IG and MGs, as expected)
5-Tech glitches seem to be fixed (T-54 hordes are no more!)
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

I've actually seen mass MG shortages which are caused by the new ultra-tough merchant marines arriving at my ports and soaking up thousands of MGs worth of shells before being destroyed. It's strange that the units die more easily after they've disembarked.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”