Supreme Ruler 1936 Update Released - Version 8.0.111

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Supreme Ruler 1936 Update Released - Version 8.0.111

Post by George Geczy »

BattleGoat Studios is pleased to announce an Update to Supreme Ruler 1936 featuring two new scenarios and many content additions, as well as new user interface and gameplay elements.

What's new in this update:
  • New Scenario - Operation Sea Lion
  • New Scenario - Operation Compass
  • New Land Departent panel added to view facilities in selected region
  • Battle Zone and Theater Facilities Controls (Garrisons, Auto Repair)
  • GUI improvements to facilities tooltip
  • World Market unit delivery controls fixed
  • Feedback for locked commodities improved
  • Reduce research times slightly for some air/naval techs in the '36-'42 range
  • Order-of-Battle updates
  • Main map updates
  • Equipment File updates
  • Gun Emplacement added
  • Germany and Japan campaign events updates and fixes
  • Sandbox events updated and improved
  • On-Map feedback and notices improved
  • Minister AI improvements
  • User Interface improvements (including auto-unpause change)
  • Additional in-game user tips and help

Thank you for the great response and feedback from all our players!

-- The BattleGoat Team.
DuxMare
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Update Released - Version 8.0.111

Post by DuxMare »

Thanks for your hard work on all these updates. I have a few questions for you though. What would be the research pre-requisite for gun emplacements, and is this compatible with any previous saves? Also, do any of this updates help to alleviate the economic problems that occur around 1944 and thereafter?
EnemyShine
Sergeant

Post by EnemyShine »

After updating I feel considerably game speed reduction after a few weeks in 1939 and further. Before the speed was admissible. When I save and reload game I get speed increase temporary (2-3 weeks).

The second I've noticed is playing SANDBOX 1936 by USSR it gets access reseach tank T-54 (year 1947) in the beginning of the game. I suppose it may be wrong.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

It seems this patch has broken the commodity tab. Locking the minister out of commodities no longer prevents him from adjusting bulk sales (maybe also bulk purchases).

Fix please!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

To my knowledge, there was no change in any of that code. I've been using it recently and not had any problems. Anyone else seeing problems?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

EnemyShine wrote:After updating I feel considerably game speed reduction after a few weeks in 1939 and further. Before the speed was admissible. When I save and reload game I get speed increase temporary (2-3 weeks).

The second I've noticed is playing SANDBOX 1936 by USSR it gets access reseach tank T-54 (year 1947) in the beginning of the game. I suppose it may be wrong.
The T-54 early-research ability is wrong and will be fixed in a mini-update shortly.

The speed reduction, as Balthagor says, is not something we have seen here at the studio. However we have had one other report of it, and so we will be investigating further. If you can send us a zip'd save game that experiences this (to support@battlegoat.com ) that may help as well.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Balthagor wrote:To my knowledge, there was no change in any of that code. I've been using it recently and not had any problems. Anyone else seeing problems?
Just lock some commodities and you'll see that the minister is changing bulk sales on a daily basis.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

GreenGoblin wrote:
Balthagor wrote:To my knowledge, there was no change in any of that code. I've been using it recently and not had any problems. Anyone else seeing problems?
Just lock some commodities and you'll see that the minister is changing bulk sales on a daily basis.
I have and I'm still convinced it's working properly. I'm rewriting the manual section related to these panels, this may shed some light on what's happening;
Market Imports
When production of a certain commodity is insufficient to meet demands, your minister will undertake to acquire sufficient product from the markets to avoid facing shortages. Through the Market Imports screen you can guide your minister's actions or directly place orders for product.

The upper portion for Bulk Purchases allows for setting of a quantity you would like and a maximum price per unit you are willing to pay. The total is an estimate based on your maximum price, so purchases may cost less if the market price is better than the maximum.

The lower section for Automated Purchases controls the maximum price at which your minister is allowed to purchase this commodity when controlling your stock levels. Ministers of different political leanings will have different target stock levels they will try to maintain. Minister priorities will also affect how your minister approaches balancing commodity stock levels.

Market Exports
Similar to the imports screen, this panel is divided again into Bulk Sales and Automated Sales controls. In this case, the price set for bulk sales is the minimum price per unit that is allowed. Your minister will adjust both quantity and price if attempting to reduce stock on the selected commodity. Locking the commodity will keep the minister from making changes.

The Automated Sales has some notable differences to the Automated Purchases in that it is the percentage of surplus to be sent directly to market which is being controlled. If a commodity is in a deficit production situation, the value of this setting will have no impact. The price set for minimum bulk sales will be used as the target price for surplus sales. Any unsold surplus at day end will be added to the Bulk Sales quantity. If enough regions increase their markup, the market price will increase to reflect the supply and demand.
That will be in the next update of the manual.

I think you have surplus sales that aren't selling and are therefore being added to bulk sales.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Post by Uglyr »

Balthagor wrote:I think you have surplus sales that aren't selling and are therefore being added to bulk sales.
There is also possibility that daily selling contract exist. Especially if auto-agree to diplo-trade is on. I always catch myself on that. But AFAIK it's impossible to check what active daily sales contract exist.

By the way - is there any possibility to see how much on which constructions IG is spend?

Also military goods consumption is also undescriptive: "Military". It would be much appretiated to divide it like: construction, maintenance, unit production (better separate numbers for Land, air, naval, missiles).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

At this time the engine does not store a more precise breakdown of those values.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

I'm seeing some appalling slowdowns in this update. No need for a savegame, just start a 1941 sandbox as USA and unpause.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

barkhauer wrote:...1941 sandbox as USA and unpause.
k, I'm getting 9sec/day average on the first ten days. That's far from appalling. Got more info?

We do have a "slow" savegame submitted by a user that we're looking into, but only one case found so far.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Enhanced Spotting, Fog of War, Weather System are all enabled. Supply map filter on, zoomed in close. USA, 1941 Sandbox, default settings otherwise.

Core i7 Sandy Bridge (2700k), NVidia 450, 16 GB RAM. No other programs of note running (mainly just routine background stuff like Norton, which is not active scanning atm).

Framerate is ok, if not great, but the simulation really drags.

Day 1: 22.25sec
Day 2: 19.18sec
Day 3: 20.35sec
Day 4: 19.85sec
Day 5: 21.70sec
Day 6: 21.08sec
Day 7: 22.45sec

These times are approx. triple what I saw before this update.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Odd. I'm only running an I5-2500, although I have an ATI card.

We'll continue examining the issue...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

any news on the quick fix for T-54's? USSR is overrunning the planet in 1937 ;)

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”