No Vichy? Italy "bubbling" France

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: No Vichy? Italy "bubbling" France

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I think that Vichy France would happen in some form even in 1936 if Germany invaded, it was based on the nazi policy. The thing is, I don't think Historically Germany would of ever succeeded in an invasion of France no matter how genius the plan and preparations was. One reason why Germany succeed in 1940 as historically was because they managed to suprise, isolate and destroy the French army one by one. The French army was in many respects superior to it's German counterpart, for example, they had more tanks and guns. But in 1936, this difference would of been too enormous. So for a short awnser, yes I think Vichy France would of been created if Germany would of succeeded in it's invasion in a similar manner that it did in 1940.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Ozi
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: No Vichy? Italy "bubbling" France

Post by Ozi »

Balthagor wrote:So if Germany conquers France in Dec '36 Vichy should form? That is your opinion on this?
Yes. ALL Events should be related to circumstances rather than Special times. I dont want to replay history (i would have to loose as Germany always then haha) but i want to replay in a historic Setting with the ability to influence it.

I dont want to compare with HoI3 too much but i think you would be wise to have a look at their Genius Events System as well as the ability to liberate and Annex, puppet etc at ANY time of my chosing.
RIght now i like the economic System of the game as well as the Military part (except the bumd and all Units selling AI). But i totally dislike the Options after conquering a Nation (basically there are no Options...).

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”