No Vichy? Italy "bubbling" France

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ozi
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

No Vichy? Italy "bubbling" France

Post by Ozi »

Playing Germany i encountered some strange (and annoying) AI behaviour:
Italy Chose to fight my side against France from the very beginning (ahistorical btw, they entered the late Phase). They send masses of Units to the german/ France border and after conquering a few hexes they turn Italian. Whenever i am faster it gets german, when they are faster it gets italian thus creating italian and german bubbles in France. Very annoying!

Second i won against France and neither "Annex" nor "Colonize" creates a Vichy Regime, it all belongs to me. WAD?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: No Vichy? Italy "bubbling" France

Post by Balthagor »

There are events for the formation of Vichi France, but if history gets too far off track, it simply won't happen. I hope to improve the feedback on the conditions required to trigger the Vichi events on my next review of the German campaign. I don't remember the conditions off hand.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tommo8993
Captain

Post by tommo8993 »

But history always gets off track in all my games, usually Germany and France slog it out until mid-late 1940 and sometimes France wins. Also Germany doesnt seem too interested in the Benelux countries, ive never seen them invade.
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

Germany only seems to invade the Benelux countries if it has actual trouble with France.

I was playing a game a Poland yesterday, and the only units that the french army seemed to put onto the battlefield against the Germans were the units I gifted them and a handful of Mech.Engineers. It was as if they didn't produce any units until the war started.
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

second that. Playing Germany i didnt encountere anything else but Garrison at all (99%).
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Btw, the flag of Vichy France is wrong, it should have the French flag as in theory it was the legal continuation of the French Third Republic...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_France
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We'll look into the flag (19898)
tommo8993 wrote:But history always gets off track in all my games...
Campaign or sandbox?

I've been doing some review of both to try and make it play more historical if player are minor nations or do the same actions as done by the majors. Not sure if those changes will be next update or further out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Scout34
Corporal

Post by Scout34 »

One thing that could be happening as France is they could be selling off their units. I was playing as the UK and noticed a stream of units leaving France from the start of the game. They had all kinds of flags on them, South Africa, Brazil, etc and were French. There was even a number of French ships that had been sold to the US sitting around until 1941 or so. Very odd.
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

Balthagor wrote:We'll look into the flag (19898)
tommo8993 wrote:But history always gets off track in all my games...
Campaign or sandbox?

I've been doing some review of both to try and make it play more historical if player are minor nations or do the same actions as done by the majors. Not sure if those changes will be next update or further out.
I´ve got it in campaign mode.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Scout34 wrote:One thing that could be happening as France is they could be selling off their units. I was playing as the UK and noticed a stream of units leaving France from the start of the game. They had all kinds of flags on them, South Africa, Brazil, etc and were French. There was even a number of French ships that had been sold to the US sitting around until 1941 or so. Very odd.
Noticed that too, France is almost drained of units when the war starts, because it sold quite some of them (been able to make myself a real navt from ships/subs sold by France among others)
they even sometime sell their best navy units (advanced cruiser not yet researched but available as units for France). This makes no sense and should be fixed (same problem for USSR, it is always France, USSR, UK and USA selling units, you will never see Germany or Italy or Japan sell units on worldmarket).
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Just an observation, based on a bunch of Sandbox games.

If Poland falls before Sept 1939, the whole war (besides the Axis DoW on USSR and USA) becomes questionable. If France falls before the spring of 1940, Vichy does not form, and Germany doesn't invade BEL/NETH/LUX either.

On the good side, I haven't seen the Germans trying to land ships in London anymore.
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

the forming of Vichy shouldnt be related to the time when France falls... I normally beat it within less than a month after war start due to the fact that France has no Units at all...just like the polish.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ozi wrote:the forming of Vichy shouldnt be related to the time when France falls...
So what should it be related to? What are the situations that caused Germany to accept that some of France remain France (of sorts)?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

well, let me be more specific: There shouldnt be a set date at which VIchy is possible first. If i conquer them in January Vichy should fire in the very same manner as it should to in spring 40. Theres no reason an early beaten France wont fire the Vichy Event.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

So if Germany conquers France in Dec '36 Vichy should form? That is your opinion on this?

And to be clear, there is no "right" or "wrong" answer to hypothetical situations. Only plausible/implausible representations. We're happy to make adjustments but they need to be clearly defined suggestions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”