Surpeme Ruler 1936 Manual Ver. 1.1 released

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Surpeme Ruler 1936 Manual Ver. 1.1 released

Post by Balthagor »

We've added about 25 pages about the various departments in game and another 10 of appendices including the list of Hotkeys. We'll be working on publishing some Game Tips and Strategies in the weeks to come. The Manual is accessible on the Steam Store page for the game.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Re: Surpeme Ruler 1936 Manual Ver. 1.1 released

Post by mattpilot »

Thankis for posting that.....

got a question thou
Although all taxes obviously affect the overall revenue of your region,
they also have subtle effects on various aspects of your economy. One such example:
lowering corporate tax rates will stimulate additional corporate growth, and encourage
the possible development of business sectors.

What does this mean?

What business sectors? How can i quantify this? Do they start building tourist attractions on map? Do i get some benefit ? in what form?

WHat do the other taxes do?

Here are some notable effects of spending on domestic policies:
Thanks for explaining all the spending sliders. :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mattpilot wrote:...What business sectors? ...
It means the various sectors of business. It is abstracted into the formulas. Generally speaking, lower corporate taxes will collect less money each but from more businesses.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:
It means the various sectors of business. It is abstracted into the formulas. Generally speaking, lower corporate taxes will collect less money each but from more businesses.
IIRC in my various conversations. There is a private sector.. you dont own/control all business. While there are no stats/figures etc of the private sector they do all the things you would expect. Pay taxes employ people etc.

Which reminds me.. some sort of stat/explination/figures to show how the private sector is doing would go a long way to avoiding this confusion.. and this conversation over and over. A simple stat like tourism is in game would help. IE business 40% or w.e

It's these sort of hidden dynamics that confuse people. More stats not less.. IE a breakdown of your workforce by sector/ Private/ public/military would help people bashing their heads against the wall about unemployement. It all makes sense and is very logical... ONCE you learn about all the hidden dynamics.. but until then people are feeling around in the dark confused as all hell. Unfortuantely many of them give up long before they learn all the things that would allow them to logically understand. If there are already UI hooks for some of this infomation provide me with it and i'll happily make a UI mod to show them.

now ON TOPIC: I didn't look at the manual previously but i did glance over it today and it does explain many things decently. Glad you could lift parts of the 2020 manual to make it easier on you.

OH edit.. and you may want to think about adding/redoing the appendix that lists and explains the unit specialities. IE long deck carrier short deck, ampiboious ect.. that was one of the most useful parts of the 2020 manual when i was learning.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Fistalis wrote:...OH edit.. and you may want to think about adding/redoing the appendix that lists and explains the unit specialities. IE long deck carrier short deck, ampiboious ect.. that was one of the most useful parts of the 2020 manual when i was learning.
Yeah, it's on my list. I figure 3 more passes to make it complete.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Balthagor wrote:
So combining this with fistalis information, is it correct to say that all the different sectors have a range from 0% to 100% ?

If i tax 0%, it will *eventually* reach 100% (probably in relation to GDP?)
If i tax it 100%, it will *eventually* reach close to 0% ?

Assuming this is not linear, there is probably a sweet spot in there somewhere, just like with selling goods, no? Meaning i get the most money out of it. You wouldn't happen to tell us what that is? ;-)

Also... Is there any difference between the sectors or is just flavor? Are there any things that trigger effects in other parts of the game?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I will pass this question along to George...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
goodgimp
Corporal

Post by goodgimp »

Thank you so much for the manual update. I'm happy with my purchase but, as a new player to the series, the hardest part has just been figuring out what stuff means/does.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

30+ new tips were also added in game, they arrive randomly within approximately the first 3 years. Watch for those to learn some of the more obscure game aspects.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
goodgimp
Corporal

Post by goodgimp »

Balthagor wrote:30+ new tips were also added in game, they arrive randomly within approximately the first 3 years. Watch for those to learn some of the more obscure game aspects.
I've definitely noticed those, they're very nice. Continue with that and tooltips and I think the learning curve for a neophyte will be much improved.

Keep up the good work! 1.1 was a nice improvement for me, both in-game and the manual.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”