Infantry vs. Elite troops (Personel)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ozi
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Infantry vs. Elite troops (Personel)

Post by Ozi »

If comparing infantry vs. elite troops (Brandenburger for example) i get the same Default STR but elite troops have far better Stats. They dont cost a lot more to maintain but their needed Personel value is different (around 500 INF against 270 Elite).

I was wondering if that personel value has a combat effect, do 270 fight worse than 500 or is it just a Manpower "cost" value?
Fistalis
General

Re: Infantry vs. Elite troops (Personel)

Post by Fistalis »

Ozi wrote:If comparing infantry vs. elite troops (Brandenburger for example) i get the same Default STR but elite troops have far better Stats. They dont cost a lot more to maintain but their needed Personel value is different (around 500 INF against 270 Elite).

I was wondering if that personel value has a combat effect, do 270 fight worse than 500 or is it just a Manpower "cost" value?
man power cost. Generally elite troops biggest advantage is supply usage. (although stat wise they are usually better in many ways than reg troops)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

so man power cost and combat Efficiency has nothing to do with each other? Why should anyone build regular inafntry then, they are worse in every matter...
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

thats exactly why i think elite infantry is overpowered, and some AI tend to build it a lot, like China, and just kill japan units because of this (because it is ther best unit in 1936)

their cost and annual maintenance should be far more increased at least

most mechanized infantry or tanks are too weak compared to all elites infantry (especially those elite with supply 25)

infantry unit is pretty useless compared to elite units

i'm currently working on a total modification mod that will reduce elite inf stats among other things (it will include spanish civil war and all minors wars of ww2, like USSR vs Japan in 1939 at Khalkhin Gol, anglo-irak war, minors wars in south america, europe and so on, will include all chinese factions, and more puppet states for germany/japan/italy/uk/ussr (on specific events requirements). thanks to the new event system, those wars will stop at some point and wont be endless wars)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Ozi wrote:so man power cost and combat Efficiency has nothing to do with each other? Why should anyone build regular inafntry then, they are worse in every matter...
don't know about your specific examples but generally regular infantry take less time to produce. So it depends on your specific needs.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

What Fistalis said. Militia takes 7-10 days, Infantry about double that (15-20). Elite troops around 60 days.
Lossidian
Sergeant

Post by Lossidian »

This is quality over quantity at it's basics. It takes 46ish days to produce elite guard, where as you can make 4-5 cavalry or infantry in that time. Please note that accordingly 4-5 cavalry (going off Brazil) is 30 attack power, as compared to the elite's only 12, additionally cavalry can carry 26 (elites carry 16) shots each, so in actuality, they should be more expensive because they're weighing more.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”