UK dont want Alliance with USA?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

UK dont want Alliance with USA?

Post by swedewolf »

Dec 1941 Germany Italy and Japan has declared war against my USA. But UK still dont want an Alliance. WAD?
swedewolf
Major

Re: UK dont want Alliance with USA?

Post by swedewolf »

Probably the rejection was because of all minor axis that are at war with UK hadent dowed yet. As I guess USA cant dow on any country as an alliance with UK will result in. Now all had dowed so the alliance between UK and USA is a fact, Was a little suprised to see the diplo hard coded(my guess) in the sanbox game. To be frank I kind of guessed that already from the start as Germany hated US already in -36. As in real life the countries got goos(semi good) relations. Many industrialists like Henry Ford helped Germany alot in early and mid 30th.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

A question thou. I thought now when I (USA) and UK is allied I could see a list on UK´s Militairy units in the diplo window. But its still unknown. Ho to get that info? Spying on my ally?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

What you are seeing are designs you can purchase from the UK.

The USA is hard-coded to not be able to make alliances until it is at war. Once Dec 1941 rolls around, you can make alliances with everyone if you haven't been aggressive.

However, if you've attacked anyone, it will change how countries get along with you. To build up good relations, buy techs from countries, and have a lot of trade agreements.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Aragos wrote:What you are seeing are designs you can purchase from the UK.

The USA is hard-coded to not be able to make alliances until it is at war. Once Dec 1941 rolls around, you can make alliances with everyone if you haven't been aggressive.

However, if you've attacked anyone, it will change how countries get along with you. To build up good relations, buy techs from countries, and have a lot of trade agreements.
That i know but I adressing the last window where I, if any is in the list ask for obsolete or other type of units on the map or in reserve. Whats the mechanic for this?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Yeah, it is called "Selective Unit Trade." There are extensive threads about it.

Bottom line, you can't buy from AI countries unless they are selling on the open market and offer units to you.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Oh, ok. thanx
Rawlings01
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawlings01 »

Funny you should say that as i have similar issue but other way around it takes a while for me as UK to get alliance with USA but i put that down to the spears the 2 nations are in eg US always seems to stay neutral where as UK is in Allies spear in the last game i got to 1951 before game ground to a holt due to China's military expansion and US was still non allied to anyone.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”