Japan vs. China - loosing lightspeed

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ozi
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Japan vs. China - loosing lightspeed

Post by Ozi »

Anyone ever saw Japan not loosing Chinese war in lightspeed? Seems AI cant handle this Situation. Ist loosing Manchuko within a few weeks in my games. probably a lot of People noticed the same? Any clue on this?

HoI3 had the same issue at ist beginning btw...
Athene
Lieutenant

Re: Japan vs. China - loosing lightspeed

Post by Athene »

The only way for Japan to win is if the player gifts some land units to them, otherwise China always conquer Manchuria and Korea. Not very balanced at the moment considering China lost a big chunk of land before dragging the war to a stalemate irl.
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

They used to win, but they had their land fabs reduced. I even gave Japan a lot of units because I wanted Korea when I joined the war, buttheh lost it.
Athene
Lieutenant

Post by Athene »

ZEvans96 wrote:They used to win, but they had their land fabs reduced. I even gave Japan a lot of units because I wanted Korea when I joined the war, buttheh lost it.
They probably didn't have enough military goods to repair the units you traded them (after trading units have the health reduced to half). I make sure they have enough Military goods after gifting them units.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I think that chinese economy is too powerfull too. Back in the '36 the China was weakened by civil war (not simulated in the game) and needed to purchase even basic combat equipment (luckilly for them, they had SUT back then).
So, what is needed is:

- Chinese civil war
- SUT
- damaged chinese industry
- less industry and military goods production for China
- Chinese treasury stripped of cash
- very, very low DAR and MAR
- less land fabs
Please teach AI everything!
Indecisive
Warrant Officer

Post by Indecisive »

I've played three games as China. In my experience, its overpoweredness stems from two issues: 1) Cities, and 2) Population.

1) Cities. As you know, cities produce basic goods. In this particular case, the culprit is food production. China produces upwards of 200% of what it needs to feed its people.. even with all agriculture facilities turned off. With them online, the amount can increase to probably 300 or 400%.

When I start playing as China, I get a constant bombardment of requests for food from every continent and country in the world. For food, and only food. At once point I was generating so much cash from food sales that I could afford to shut down every industry except power and industrial goods (only generating enough for myself, not selling surplus). I actually could have run the entire nation on a full agriculture + taxes economy, if not for the lack of industrial goods for sale on the world market.

2) Population
The second half of the problem is, I suspect, the half-billion population China has. At the start of the game it can generate a few hundred million dollars per day at maximum tax rate. Since it's a dictatorship, you can afford to run them at maximum taxes while providing negligible social services, on top of which you can make further money by starving them into buying your 200% marked up goods.

--

So yes, China does need a nerf. I imagine the best approach--albeit hard to balance-- is splitting up China into its Cliques as colonies to the KMT central government. It's probably also more realistic than a fully unified nation, as the KMT only just left a civil war and had only a weak grasp of power on the local warlords. In other words, China wasn't really unified in the true political sense.
Routing garrisons can be frustrating, but in a good way. Like trying to open a carton of ready-made custard for your rhubarb crumble, knowing that the rewards will be all the sweeter for the effort.
Rawlings01
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawlings01 »

It would be nice if this could be fixed as not only is China way to strong for Japan but its military expansion brings my game to a grinding hold by the 1950s by the end of my last game China had 200 land production 236 Air and 8 Navy which was basicaly the US and Russia's military build capacity combined.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

This thread gives me a sense of déja vu...
JRMarks
Corporal

Post by JRMarks »

I've played several games as Japan, and I've invaded China just to find that China has a lot - I mean a LOT - of motorized units. That's something they just didn't have until much later. They also didn't have enough arms or equipment for their vast numbers of soldiers. Engineer units, which are still overpowering anyway, are way too numerous for China also. I appreciate a good fight but for things to be so skewed in China's favor flies in the face of reality. |O

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”