Question about abandoned villages.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dax1
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Question about abandoned villages.

Post by dax1 »

number47 wrote:
Aragos wrote:For some reason, you can't build anything on the two islands north of Iwo Jima. I've tried everything.
The reason is 0% supply level in those settlements. The same issue can occure on oil platforms.

Maybe BG should hardcode a min 1% supply generation in settlements (and oil platforms) no matter the amount of population present OR allow engineers to build anything in 0% supply area...
.... or allow engineers ro buid anything if there is some "transport unit" load of supply!
Con forza ed ardimento
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

number47 wrote:
Aragos wrote:For some reason, you can't build anything on the two islands north of Iwo Jima. I've tried everything.
The reason is 0% supply level in those settlements. The same issue can occure on oil platforms.

Maybe BG should hardcode a min 1% supply generation in settlements (and oil platforms) no matter the amount of population present OR allow engineers to build anything in 0% supply area...

Agreed--it seems like the most simple fix. Just give each hex a 1% supply minimum on map. It does make sense--you can always sustain a small unit anywhere, to some extent. And it would fix the building issue.
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Yup, either that or have engineers generate supply. If every hex already had supply you wouldn't need engineers unless you wanted to speed up building.
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

I'd say this needs a ticket pls. #Balthagor
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Already had one; 18371
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Awesome, gracias!
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

This issue seems to not be fixed in 1936, still.. Tried building a military complex with koketai (or however the jap engineers are called) on the one grid island just southeast of tokyo but unable to. Any news?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm fairly sure this was marked as fixed. Are you running the latest version?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Version 8.3.12 I'm afraid, thru steam. Island in question is at X:1669, Y:248, supply is at 0%.

Update: just tried it with the motorized engineers and it worked, perhaps an issue with the koheitai unit?

Update 2: Yes it is, the Koheitai unit is listed as engineer, but does not allow building of military complex on no-supply hex. (It does however speed up construction)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Engineers don't build facilities in out of supply territory, they build complexes first. You can build either a military or industrial complex on that island. When complete it will provide supply to build the facilities.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”