In-Game Graphics

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

In-Game Graphics

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Just came to think that making the map look beautiful that, that would give you an advantage in addition to game already being awesome :wink: . Take a look at the new EU4 for example, the game ain't really as good as it looks, but the looks of the map are really great. My point is that don't forget to make the map look nice.

I personally liked the SR2020 map more than SRCW, while modding the SRCW textures, instead of making a new textures for the map, I made it look more like the SR2020, while keeping 3d mountains and some textures. One strength of the map is that you already have this beautiful map with sharp and rich details, I would suggest doing something to the water instead, make it look like real. on land I would ignore most textures, because to be honest it covers allot of the beauty of the map, I would put more effort into 3D object rather then textures. Say using trees whitout the ground texture, only the trees and maybe making one say one tree and then during the cacheing the computer would randomize the position of the indivitual trees in a hex, so that it looks more natural, like you hadn't copy pasted/used the same texture for all hexes :wink:

The 3D mountains where great, also textures like the one for 'Light Forested' or 'Rough Hills' hexes where you could see more 'details' . Although one problem is that these sometimes cover up coastlines and rivers, which are among the main features that I liked form SR2020.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
goulash
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: In-Game Graphics

Post by goulash »

Hullu Hevonen wrote: Take a look at the new EU4 for example, the game ain't really as good as it looks, but the looks of the map are really great.
Seriously this is the best game they have made on release day and I think it rocks, cant wait for the expansions and by the looks of it, if they make HOI4 on this I would pre-order as soon as announced (although the map quality is a major factor :) )

Why do you think it is not that good?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: In-Game Graphics

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I guess I compare it to the SR series :P , although the new trading system is nice :D
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”