Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Game Breaking Lag

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Hi guys,

I really love this game and I've been getting into it a lot lately, but unfortunately as I've gone on I've been faced with progressively worse lag. It's now at the point where the game will freeze for minutes at a time--oddly enough the music is still playing and I can move the mouse, but it's still frozen. In the last instance, the visual froze completely and irrevocably--I couldn't use the task manager or anything to exit out--but I knew from the sounds of diplomatic notifications that the game was actually still running.

It's freezing up completely about every ten minutes, and usually it will do so for a few seconds when I zoom in or out. Much of the time the lag will not freeze the game but simply slow everything down sporadically before speeding up again for a bit. Again, this seems to happen mainly when I zoom.

I thought it would be too much happening on screen--of course, you'd expect this sort of situation in a world war or something--but I have actually just undeployed a lot of troops--not that there were a lot of them anyway--and the problem has only gotten worse since then. The troops that I do have, meanwhile, are spread pretty evenly across the map, and I don't think that there are more AI units deployed than there ever have been. I tried deleting the save games with no luck, and I don't know what else to try. I'm running a 64 bit OS with a Quadcore processor and an AMD 7500 graphics card, so I really can't see that such a low end game should have so much trouble, especially when I run other much more graphically intense games without a hitch.

Any suggestions?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Game Breaking Lag

Post by Balthagor »

Do you have the latest update?

BTW, our games are certainly not low end on the performance requirements, we have tens of thousands of units moving and over a hundred AI opponents.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Balthagor wrote:Do you have the latest update?
I think so, since I have the game on steam.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you want, zip and email me the savegame and I'll take a look. Please include ticket 20167 in the subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

Just to check here: None of you guys at BG are experiencing any slowdowns after the latest patch? I have a I7 920 @ 3.8 win 7 pro and a nividia GTX 680. When I first bought this game during the early release phase, I was getting about 2 seconds per day on the fastest setting at the start of a game. After about 4 to 5 years in game, it would go down some to about 5 or 6 seconds per day. Now during the start of a game I get about 4 to 5 seconds per day, and as soon as 1940 kicks in it slows to about 20 to 25 seconds per day; then progressively worsens. Any ideas about what's causing the bottleneck in certain Computers? I can't play the game right now.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

stevehoos wrote:Just to check here: None of you guys at BG are experiencing any slowdowns after the latest patch? I have a I7 920 @ 3.8 win 7 pro and a nividia GTX 680. When I first bought this game during the early release phase, I was getting about 2 seconds per day on the fastest setting at the start of a game. After about 4 to 5 years in game, it would go down some to about 5 or 6 seconds per day. Now during the start of a game I get about 4 to 5 seconds per day, and as soon as 1940 kicks in it slows to about 20 to 25 seconds per day; then progressively worsens. Any ideas about what's causing the bottleneck in certain Computers? I can't play the game right now.
You seem to be talking about SR1936. This thread is about SR-Cold War.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

Balthagor wrote:
stevehoos wrote:Just to check here: None of you guys at BG are experiencing any slowdowns after the latest patch? I have a I7 920 @ 3.8 win 7 pro and a nividia GTX 680. When I first bought this game during the early release phase, I was getting about 2 seconds per day on the fastest setting at the start of a game. After about 4 to 5 years in game, it would go down some to about 5 or 6 seconds per day. Now during the start of a game I get about 4 to 5 seconds per day, and as soon as 1940 kicks in it slows to about 20 to 25 seconds per day; then progressively worsens. Any ideas about what's causing the bottleneck in certain Computers? I can't play the game right now.
You seem to be talking about SR1936. This thread is about SR-Cold War.
Crap, this is twice now for me. Does this absolve you from answering my question though? :lol:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The answer would be, it's already discussed in another thread. :P
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Balthagor wrote:If you want, zip and email me the savegame and I'll take a look. Please include ticket 20167 in the subject line.
Sorry for not getting back to your earlier--I've cleaned up my disk and lowered the "satellite imagery" settings and the game is running much better now.

Return to “Issues & Support”