World War Unavoidable in Demo

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

World War Unavoidable in Demo

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Okay, I just got the demo and I was really excited about the game. Naturally, I was immediately drowned by the complexity, so I decided to assign my first few games to getting a stable economy. I was doing really well, with 3 bil in my treasury (this is my first "sucessful" game) when, after two espionage actions, East Germany Declared war on West Germany. (This was probably about 15-25 minutes into the game) I naturally declared war on East Germany, and most nations followed suit. A few game days later, the USSR declared war.

I wasn't sure if this was some sort of bug--I'd done literally nothing in the international department besides condemning an East German act of espionage--so I started again. In case it wasn't a bug, I figured it might be that the AI saw West Germany as an easy target, so this time I went straight out and deployed tanks to the border. However, the exact same chain of events happened, with the same result.

Has anyone come across this bug before, and is there a fix for it? Or is it that I need to deploy more forces to the border or strenthen my alliances because the AI is legitimately deciding that the Western bloc is weaker than the East?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: World War Unavoidable in Demo

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Ain't the demo based on an really old version of SRCW? Correct me if I'm wrong
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The Demo was based on version 7.0.50 IIRC, so yes, it is the oldest build. It does not reflect the 7 updates worth of content and fixes.

Without know more about what settings you chose for your game and what actions you took during the game it's hard to say if it was a bug or not.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

I'll do another playthrough and try to record things in more detail.
nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Okay. I'm doing the settings slightly dfifferent this time (I just noticed these ones) but it shouldn't make a difference.

SCENARIO SETTINGS:

Resources: Depleted
Initial Funds: No New Bonds
Approval Effects: Low
Critical UN: No
Allow Gov Change (New): Yes

MILITARY SETTINGS:

Fog of War: Yes
Enhanced Spotting: Yes
Units Eliminated when Region Falls: No
Allow Nuclear Weapons: Yes

GAME SETTINGS:

Scheduled Game End: None
Military Difficulty: Easy
Economic Difficultly: Easy
Diplomatic Difficulty: Easy
Allied Victory: No
Fixed Capitals: Yes
Hot Relations: No
Start Game without units: No

VICTORY CONDITIONS: Complete

WORLD VOLATITLITY: None

Will post details of game soon.
nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Okay, so the first espionage message came as it always did. East Germany Suspected West Germany (or the other way round) but couldn't prove it. They then announced that West Germany had tried to undermine them or sabotage them or something. Meanwhile, my defence readiness was increased. The netherlands offered me military units and demanded money, but strangely offered more. I accepted. A similar offer came from Canada with the same response.

West Germany was then attacked. Straight up to DEFCON 3. I held off on the Wardec, just to see what would happen. Russia declared war anyway.

Well, I've just tried, emphasis on that word, to fight the war. After several frustrating minutes of trying to get my units to cross into enemy territory and carry out my attack order--they would not go over the border, for some completely bizzarre reason--I'm a little underwhelmed. Could be that I didn't officially declare war against East Germany, actually. But anyway, this game is incredibly hard to pick up, and there are no good guides out there at all. I"ll keep trying though. Regardless, any advice on this bug?

EDIT: Also important to note that I had to create a new game, as I was unable to continue the one I saved when I made the settings post.

Return to “Issues & Support”