Mod request

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

irfanahmed1979
Major
Human: Yes

Mod request

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

I've given up my attempts at modding so now I'm requesting a mod if anyone would be kind enough.

What I require:

1. If possible, all units which can be built in the United states and Britain and any other combination of country codes which includes these (U and M) to be available for building in Pakistan or generally the middle east (Z). I would like ALL UNITS, from infantry to ballistic missile submarines and their included missiles.

2. Also the Leopard 2 tanks series to be available in Pakistan.

3. The Al-Khalid tanks series to be made equivalent of Challenger 2 tanks.

4. Decrease the speed and stealth values of the joint Russian/Indian Brahmos anti-ship missile.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Mod request

Post by dax1 »

irfanahmed1979 wrote:
1. If possible, all units which can be built in the United states and Britain and any other combination of country codes which includes these (U and M) to be available for building in Pakistan or generally the middle east (Z). I would like ALL UNITS, from infantry to ballistic missile submarines and their included missiles.
U can set in .cvp file

armsavail RCF (add here "U" letter")
Con forza ed ardimento
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

dax1 wrote:
irfanahmed1979 wrote:
U can set in .cvp file

armsavail RCF (add here "U" letter")
thanks for replying. Which .cvp file and could you be more precise as to what I have to do?
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

irfanahmed1979 wrote:
thanks for replying. Which .cvp file and could you be more precise as to what I have to do?
it depend what you are modding...
u must control the .SCENARIO file
for example...open Cold war. SCENARIO

u have that:

Code: Select all

// SCENARIO DEFINITON
// ifset key: 0x01: Load CVP; 0x02: Load Rest of Source; 0x03: Load all; 0x04: Load Cache

#ifset 0x01
#include "ColdWar.CVP", "MAPS\"
#include "ColdWar.REGIONINCL", "MAPS\"
#endifset
here you can see "ColdWar.cvp in "maps" folder...
Con forza ed ardimento
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

dax1 wrote:
irfanahmed1979 wrote:
it depend what you are modding...
u must control the .SCENARIO file
for example...open Cold war. SCENARIO

u have that:

Code: Select all

// SCENARIO DEFINITON
// ifset key: 0x01: Load CVP; 0x02: Load Rest of Source; 0x03: Load all; 0x04: Load Cache

#ifset 0x01
#include "ColdWar.CVP", "MAPS\"
#include "ColdWar.REGIONINCL", "MAPS\"
#endifset
here you can see "ColdWar.cvp in "maps" folder...
Oh! alright, that .cvp file. Thanks. So I just add U in front of that field "armsavail"? What if I wanted to add an M also? How would it look like?
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Con forza ed ardimento
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

There is just one thing to note, if you give all US and UK units to single region then expect lots of lag while browsing through them while the game is running. You may need to pause the game while choosing unit research.

Edit: For Leopard 2 tanks you may as well add German code as other posters described. It's way easier and faster then changing UNIT file and finding all leopards and changing their properties.
To edit Al Khalid tanks you do need to edit UNIT file, but if you are going to add all those units from other countries you may not really need to. Its more work for not much effect. Your choice, of course and you may learn more about modding in the process.

Return to “Modding SRCW”