Pathing issues (Split from Endless wars)

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Anthropoid
Colonel
Human: Yes

Pathing issues (Split from Endless wars)

Post by Anthropoid »

I think this has been mentioned before, and not even sure this is the best thread to post it in, but it is active so maybe a good place to aggregate comments?

Seeing some fairly minor pathing issues with 7.3.1. Got a save file if it is wanted. When I first started to compose this post by grabbing the screen-cap and posting it to ImageShack, I was concerned that the problem 'wouldn't solve' but it does seem to have resolved.

What has happened here is, I've sent a few Light Infantry to the far north (around Murmansk) from Leningrad. The ones I sent to the midway hub (Segehza) proceeded via land no problem. But the three that I sent all the way decided it would be better to hop into a Merchant Marine; I have diplomatic merchant marine turned off.

Once they were in their boats, instead of heading out to through Neva Bay to through the Gulf of Finland and around the coast of Norway, they decided to try to head up the river to Lake Ladoga. As far as I can tell, there is no water connection going in that direction so they would've just sat there I imagine.

I intervened and told them to unload in the port and they eventually did.

Also I notice there is in the starting Russian OOB a 'trapped' FRG Kronshtadt in

. . . well, actually he is not trapped. I just noticed there is river from Onega to Ladoga and he can make it out to Neva Bay. But again, this does reflect some sort of minor issue with pathing in that: when game started I told basically my entire navy to go into reserve. This guy couldn't find his way 'out' of Lake Onega I guess.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Pathing issues (Split from Endless wars)

Post by Balthagor »

I split this since it doesn't have to do with wars.

There are known issues still with pathing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Anthropoid
Colonel

Re: Pathing issues (Split from Endless wars)

Post by Anthropoid »

Kewl. Hope the comments/feedback are helpful :)

To me most all these issues are quite minor, but it _isn't_ quite where SR2020 Gold is :wink:

The only one that to me seems kinda important is the one with the sphere switching, which _might_ not be an issue under most Campaign play styles. But I digress . . .

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”