my wish list

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BlackEagle
Captain
Human: Yes

my wish list

Post by BlackEagle »

Well, as the title says this are some features that I would like to see in SRCW.

I'm experiencing some odd things playing as USSR. My social expenditure increases a lot when me or my colonies take loans. Why does this happen? And why can't I control the loans as in previous games?

The DEFCON level, as many people said here, should be controlable by us.

I think that AI should build economic buildings, that would make the human task even more harder, because we wouldn't flow the market with our products, which would make it harder to make money.

Also, AI should limit more its military spending in peace time. And allocate that money into economic growth.

More efects should be available on techs. Many of them just don't do anything, and just allow us to advance in the tech tree. Many of them have potencial to give bonuses in several areas.

I know that it might be difficult to code some of this things, but it would be a major improvement on the game engine.

Not to say the weapons market, units upgrade (extremely important when we play a game that runs through several decades and has many units that are upgrades of the previous), better diplomacy ( specially in making peace, it's not necessary to destroy a country in order to end a war), land trade as in SR 2010, unit stats more realistic (this topic has some good sugestions: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16830), the hability to launch recon/ communications and ABM satellites, space race should be longer (like, first space station, man on mars, etc), the hability to control taxes and social spending on colonies if we wanted, and some more that are mentioned here on the forum.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: my wish list

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

I'm experiencing some odd things playing as USSR. My social expenditure increases a lot when me or my colonies take loans. Why does this happen? And why can't I control the loans as in previous games?
I concur.
Basic problem maybe that the USSR and Eastern European allies economic system was not designed any different from
the basic "Western" model used for all other countries.

The central planning nature of the Soviet system is not represented in the game and the only way to play the Soviet Union is
basically the same way as you would the UK, Japan, US, or Venezuela....and the consequences of social spending on debt are
not much different that if playing Argentina or other region.

Moscow also did not have to 'directly' pay for its goods to integral regions within the empire (Ukraine, Belarus, etc.)...via Trade's
in the manner one has to in the game.

Ref above, Russia historically received from Eastern European allies (Warsaw Pact members) what it needed in Agricultures and other produces, and generally in return shipped Petroleum and electric power to these region in return.....in the game, it should be represented as being a "one way request"....or "taking" from E. Europe allies - and return what Moscow want's to provide them. [Of course, if Moscow does not return enough Petroleum, energy, etc. in the reverse, the whole system will collapse in time....hmmm?]

Comment: These regions should in fact have been integral with the USSR in 1949 and not even identified within the game until
the AI automatically created them as a result of the "collapse" of the USSR....whenever that might happen - the result of player
failures - or set automatically with historical end-of-Cold War dates for each region.

RESEARCH - Research handling is also flawed between USSR and E. European allies. Moscow had full-control over what the Warsaw Pact allies produced....from T-54/55 tanks to Yak-23 and Mig-15s (and beyond). While the Poles, Bulgar's and other could request a fighter design (or other...), there was in the early days of the region no internal Research in these countries in these equipment design. [Until the '60s, when countries like Poland began research into their own ships, tanks and aircraft designs, based largely on existing Russian designs].

Therefore, the subject of Research into Equipment (UNITID#s) should be 'blank' on the Build option screen, except for WW2 designs that were historically built in those areas or rebuilt to keep them in service, from the prior war (OT-810 half-track,
Hetzer anti-tank vehicle, Me-109G's, etc.)

Echoing what another poster suggested, Moscow should be able to "see" what their W.P. allies are producing....along with controlling it at least as regards to Russian-designs, into the period of the '60s (when variant and 'independent' regional designs - as in Romanian aircraft and ship designs - emerged.

NOTE: This is something broaching two subject areas, so BG, feel free to split-off the Research comments as it applies to economic control by the USSR.
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

It's not only that USSR is not designed different from the rest. Even the capitalist system is not functiong well. Why does my spending increase in social affairs when I take a loan. The interest does not correspond to that increase!
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

One word, COMECON the Soviet answer to the western free market. Dig it up and give BG some examples!!!
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

BlackEagle wrote: My social expenditure increases a lot when me or my colonies take loans. Why does this happen?

If I can find the thread I'll link it, but anyway George, the guy behind the 'economy' recently posted to argue in favor of this sort of thing. Basically he said, while it might not seem realistic, it is. The idea being that, everything is tied together so changes in one area will increase costs in another. In the post, he was referring to production costs for commodities and someone had observed that, even when their internal production was turned off, the world market influenced their production costs. He pointed out that, even in a relatively closed domestic economy, the international market has impacts on internal operating costs. I think the same argument would be made here. Not saying that I necessarily disagree that the current system is a bit 'weird,' but that is I suspect the response that BG would give.
And why can't I control the loans as in previous games? The DEFCON level, as many people said here, should be controlable by us.
I miss these features from SR2020 myself. I seem to recall seeing someone say that Fistalis had modded the loan control back into the game. The Defcon I totally agree: gearing up for war for a few months before going to war would be more realistic.
I think that AI should build economic buildings, that would make the human task even more harder, because we wouldn't flow the market with our products, which would make it harder to make money.
Agree, but . . . given this is like the fourth game in the series and the AI still doesn't 'go outside the rails' of the infrastructure they are given at game start (evidently they never build any roads or rails and never build anything other than in the hubs that are present at the start) I seriously doubt that anything like this would come before the next SR title. While changing the code to get the AI to build more stuff might not be that difficult, getting him to build stuff in a sensical way might well be a very big challenge and require lots of playtesting too.
Also, AI should limit more its military spending in peace time. And allocate that money into economic growth.
Based on what my Minister's do when I leave them complete control, I am betting the AI actually does a fairly good job all by himself. I did a play through as USSR where all I did was get it set up, trade a Mt. Infantry unit to my allies, and then let it run on full auto. After a couple years I had about $15B and my domestic approval must have been in the 30% range.
More efects should be available on techs. Many of them just don't do anything, and just allow us to advance in the tech tree. Many of them have potencial to give bonuses in several areas.
Have a look in the mods section. There are a couple of guys who have either developed tech mods or are in the process.
Not to say the weapons market, units upgrade (extremely important when we play a game that runs through several decades and has many units that are upgrades of the previous)
Not quite sure what you are saying here. To be honest, I still have not noticed how to 'upgrade' any of my units! :D
better diplomacy ( specially in making peace, it's not necessary to destroy a country in order to end a war), land trade as in SR 2010, unit stats more realistic (this topic has some good sugestions: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16830), the hability to launch recon/ communications and ABM satellites, space race should be longer (like, first space station, man on mars, etc)
Yep agree on all of those. Probably big projects to enhance those functions though.
the hability to control taxes and social spending on colonies if we wanted, and some more that are mentioned here on the forum.
That does sound interesting. However, I'd think that meddling in their affairs of state in that way would need to have some negative consequences too otherwise, why even have 'colonies' in the game?

Overall some great ideas!
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

nukes:
1. when you assigning nukes to fire and chosing which to fire, alets all nukes are grouped to groups - i mean if i builded 150 nukes of one model i have 150 listed 1xnuke xxxx model, while in others (much less casses) i have 250x model xxxx.
2. lets have button to assign all nukes instead of chosing specific type again and again
3.lets select by 10% how much nukes you want to fie instead of 25% choices.

more control over (auto)build :
1. you can choce which unist will autobuld bild or not (say for land you will exlude aa/suply for air exclude stategic bombers...etc)

diplomacy/wars
1. ability to create whole new country (with option to include some extra regions) - in my game game i wanted to keep israel alive, bt he was annexed with no chance to recreate him, once country is anexed is no way to create it back, i will love to create it with soem xestra teritory (palestine + lebanon to give him more resources).
2. you can bribe states to improve relations - you can literary send bilions to abnother state, but it will have no effect on relations.
3. small bug - if you send money to coplony in hope to improve dire economi sitiuation here, all moneys recive parent country.

buildings:
1. very important - give us ability to upgade facilities to better ones - booth auto and manual - auto (but you can dismis it) for new techs - like upgading of all your builded radar stations to advanced radar stations , same goes for air defece sites and laser air defence sites.
Manual - for upgrading of airports to airbases, piers to naval nases, micro/midle industry to big one.
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

you task minoster to improve relations with selected (focus on..) countries - you can set desired relations lvl + posible budget to use (money, resources...etc).
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

If I can find the thread I'll link it, but anyway George, the guy behind the 'economy' recently posted to argue in favor of this sort of thing. Basically he said, while it might not seem realistic, it is. The idea being that, everything is tied together so changes in one area will increase costs in another. In the post, he was referring to production costs for commodities and someone had observed that, even when their internal production was turned off, the world market influenced their production costs. He pointed out that, even in a relatively closed domestic economy, the international market has impacts on internal operating costs. I think the same argument would be made here. Not saying that I necessarily disagree that the current system is a bit 'weird,' but that is I suspect the response that BG would give.
Anthropoid, if you can find the link it would be awesome. I would like to discuss some things there. Because it does not make any sense. If i take a loan to finance my internal activities, it does not have any impact on the quality or cost of my social services. The only thing that I will have will be the interest. But that is already added in the game, so there is no need to add more costs to loans. Specially when your colonies start to take loans and your social service's costs start to rise sharply!

One thing is normal inflation (also existing in the game) other thing is senseless growth of costs in an area that doesn't have nothing to do with it.

And I don't know why they took so many features that existed in SR2010 and today they don't.

And when I spoke of upgrades, I was refering to an inexisting feature, that has been talked about before and that would be extremely important to the game. The hability to upgrade your units in the same family, for example a T-80U to a T-80UD just by pressing one button. And instead of building a new unit, the unit could return to the barracks and in a specific amount of time would be transformed in the T-80UD.

There is one item in many units that say "replaced design" and that should be used for something really useful like upgrading units, instead of building new ones. It could be a cheaper way to have better models without building new ones.

And the hability to have more control over the colonies is a normal thing. Colonial powers assigned the budget of their colonies. Only if they wanted them with more authonomy it wouldn't happen.

But take a look at the Soviet case, although they were not colonies, but republics (although in the game they are depicted as colonies), all the budget was determined in the politburo, and not by regional power. So the republics were not colonies, but rather part of one only country.

Czert also gave some good ideas specially in the diplomacy/ wars stuff.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”