World War IV Scenario

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Thorgrimm
Captain

World War IV Scenario

Post by Thorgrimm »

I have been playing the WWIV scen and I finally reached tech level 124. I noticed in the readme file it is mentioned that lots of units were removed. My question is, was the Battlemech removed along with the others?

I see no Bi-Pedal Military Tech in the list of available techs and no such unit is available for research.

If so, how do I go about re-adding it back to the scen?

I really like the way you have tied Military Goods production to supplies. To say I was shocked when my AOE-1 Sacremento's and LPD-17's began to drain the stock of mil goods like there was no tomorrow would be a understatement. :o But a pleasant shock none-the-less. :-) I hope that this is the way SR 2020 will do the supply production.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The units removed where from the map, not from the equipment list/tech tree. You should be able to find the mechs in the AntiTank class. (They might be tech 126 though, I don't remember...)

Glad to know someone is playing that scenario, took me a while to make! :P
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Thorgrimm
Captain

Post by Thorgrimm »

Balthagor wrote:The units removed where from the map, not from the equipment list/tech tree. You should be able to find the mechs in the AntiTank class. (They might be tech 126 though, I don't remember...)

Glad to know someone is playing that scenario, took me a while to make! :P
Good to hear I just need more tech levels.

Its a very good scen, and truth be told I would rather play it than the regular WW3 scenario.

I also like the way you have changed the production rates for the different naval, air and ground bases. Good job there.

One question though, once I get a naval base up to a shipyard level it still has a update button that only takes 5 days, but it seems to not do anything and can be repeatedly upgraded many times. Is there a function to this upgrade?

Is there a way to default the defense minister to NOT auto-produce units in a new base? It is annoying to have to jump to the new base to shut off his infernal and innane production choices! :-)

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Thorgrimm wrote:...Its a very good scen, and truth be told I would rather play it than the regular WW3 scenario...
Thanks, I was very happy with how it turned out.
Thorgrimm wrote:...once I get a naval base up to a shipyard level it still has a update button that only takes 5 days...
That sounds like an error on my part, I probably forgot to make the new upgrade not have an "upgrade to" path. Could be fixed in the equipment file.
Thorgrimm wrote:...Is there a way to default the defense minister to NOT auto-produce units in a new base?...
I think (not sure) that you can change this on a base as soon as you start building it. Unfortunately the "default on" is hardcoded.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Thorgrimm
Captain

Post by Thorgrimm »

Balthagor, thanks for the info, now I have to get back to bringing the rest of the world into the enlightened English Monarchy. 8)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Return to “Scenarios”