The Great Powers -A New Multiplayer Game

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Sergey Golovko
Captain

The Great Powers -A New Multiplayer Game

Post by Sergey Golovko »

For those of you following the other thread, I'll be hosting a new multiplayer game. This is the thread for discussion of the actual game.

I want the game to be realistic. That is, sensible diplomacy that reflects how things in the real word as it is today would be. No France declaring War on fellow NATO member Germany. No Canada attacking the US. The game will be played on the Global Crisis map, which I feel more accurately represents the world's alignment today. Also, I'd like to avoid player v. player wars. the preference will be that players put themselves in the shoes of the leaders of the countries real world counterparts. If Russia attacks the US (or NATO member) in real life, it will likely go nuclear. The same mindset should be kept here. Also, I'd like random DoW's to be kept to a minimum. A real justification should be present, to make the game more realistic. I.e, its one thing for Russia to invade Georgia, especially with a high CB. Or for Russia to fight back if attacked by Poland. But Russia shouldn't randomly invade say....Finland (the way the AI does). Also, it would be good if the players could build a realistic bloc of alliances (US with its traditional real world allies, Russia with Belarus, Serbia, Iran, etc, China with North Korea, Iran, etc) to add to realism and provide detterance
The focus will be, of course, on the largest, most powerful countries in the game. The idea is that the other great powers will be human controlled, pursuing their own agendas with much less predictability than the AI. As a result, I would like any players to take control of one of the great powers. These are chosen by military capability and economy.

These 3 take priority, please choose between them first:
US
Russia
China

These are also available if we have enough players, in order of preference/importance
India
United Kingdom
France
Brazil
Japan
Germany
Israel
Iran

Times will be decided when we get players onboard. The game will be played through Hamachi.

Anyone who wants in just let me know. Give me the country you want (if you have any requests just ask) and I'll put you on the list.

I'll take Russia or US, I don't care, depending on if anyone else wants one of these 2.

Countries will be given on first come first serve.
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: The Great Powers -A New Multiplayer Game

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I'm in as soon as we find a suitable time for all :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

What country would you like?
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by comrade.seawolf »

Hullu gets to pick before me sense he posted first, but I'll take Russia or Germany, depending on if one of those is already taken.
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

I'll let Hullu take his pick. If he wants Russia or the US, you'll get Germany.
Remember to talk to your friend.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Thanks for leting me choose firt :-) , I would want China or Germany, since China is priority, then i'll probobly take it :-)
Happy Linux user!
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Fantastic!

Hullu gets China, Seawolf gets Russia. I'll be taking the United States then.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

:-) , great!
Happy Linux user!
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

Thanks! Sounds good to me. I Haven't heard back from Bale yet, but he might have just not checked his messages, I'll try to get a hold of him on gameranger.
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Alright. Hullu's getting China, Seawolf gets Russia, I'll take America. Anyone else may choose from the second list in my original post.

As for times, these are what's available to me:

Friday after 1800GMT
Saturday after 2000GMT or before 1400 GMT
Sunday anytime after 1700 GMT
Monday and Wednesday after 2300GMT
Tuesday and Thursday after 1930 GMT

Just let me know.
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

Sergey Golovko wrote:Alright. Hullu's getting China, Seawolf gets Russia, I'll take America. Anyone else may choose from the second list in my original post.

As for times, these are what's available to me:

Friday after 1800GMT
Saturday after 2000GMT or before 1400 GMT
Sunday anytime after 1700 GMT
Monday and Wednesday after 2300GMT
Tuesday and Thursday after 1930 GMT

Just let me know.
The Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday times work well for me.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Sergey Golovko wrote:...
Friday after 1800GMT - works here, 21:00 and a friday :-)
Saturday after 2000GMT or before 1400 GMT - 14GMT fits
Sunday anytime after 1700 GMT - Sorry does not work
Monday and Wednesday after 2300GMT - Sorry does not work
Tuesday and Thursday after 1930 GMT - Could maybe play a few hours
I am worried that the time converter that I use translate wrong and I'll stand someone up by mistake :-? , but i'm allways worried about theese things |O :lol:
EDIT: hate "summertime"! :-) (EEST)
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

We should put up a hamachi network and give the password through PM, a normal non-managed network can hold max 15 players and I wouldn't want people there who does not play our multiplayer. Though, I doubt we would get 15 players. I would support a Player vs Player war after a cold war gone bad, but Like Sergey I too want a realistic game. Also I have never really played a potential superpower or a multiplayer with more than 2 players, so I am looking forwards to this game :-)

p.s: sorry for doubleposting
Happy Linux user!
zero007
Warrant Officer

Post by zero007 »

I could take India.

Friday after 1800GMT: Works for me.
Saturday after 2000GMT or before 1400 GMT: 1400 GMT Works for me but 2000GMT is a no go.
Sunday anytime after 1700 GMT: Works for me.
Monday and Wednesday after 2300GMT: No go.
Tuesday and Thursday after 1930 GMT: Works for me.

Should we use ruges aiparams.csv? In my opinion it improves combat AI alot and should be used. But i fine if we you want to use original aiparams.csv. Should we limit tech hording from other nations? I find it extreamly unrealistic when example algeria buys F22D designs and starts producing them. Maybe we should only allow designs and technology trades which is same level as buyer country tech level? Example hungary would only buy stuff from 96 or below because it is his tech level. But if you dont want to prevent tech and design hording its allso fine for me.

Direct ip, gameranger and hamachi works for me in online play but i prefer gameranger.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I would like to avoid modded game, since it could cause compatibility issues when launching the game. Otherwise I agree with eg. Algeria not buying F-22s and such, a realistic game. :-)
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Multiplayer Games”