In the spirit of the Cold War.

Put all your MP game discussions right here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: In the spirit of the Cold War.

Post by tkobo »

Nah,it was a region settings issue.

The settings from another game session played on the same computer,can affect a different game session the next time you play it.I know this can happen with saved player settings,ive seen it.Like when you pick your player settings and save them,then play that save on another computer in which that player has also saved his player settings,the old ones get overidden by the new ones.

Even some settings get overidden just by who's hosting it.Which is one reason why you should maintain the same host thru a mutli.

In this case, an AI's settings was apparently changed from one play session to the next.Without anyone playing that region in the play sessions.Basically we ended up with an AI locked out of its own controls.First time ive seen this, and there may be some other reason, but since ive seen basically the same with player settings.....im leaning heavily towards that explanation at this time.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Some things i forgot,
*Azerbaijan dowed and was removed from play,this though a small help to iran ,will not save it.
*aircraft production is currently off,or near off.Done to help stabilize the econ.
*ground production is now at circa 63
*The ebil rumor that your glorious president let Abba run the country for a month,is categorically untrue !
Chuckle TM
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by comrade.seawolf »

China's ascension is going according to plan!With the restoration of North Korea, and The total occupation of the South, China's only Enemies remain to the Southwest. Now equipped with the best Russian equipment available, Our armies are able to crush any threat on our borders! However, despite our best efforts, the PRC's economy is still suffering, and due to lack of fuel, has forced us to temporarily withdraw our forces from India and Nepal.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Well, its game over.GI has messaged me hes out,and i dont see a point in someone else taking over for him.It was interesting and fun.

I really wanted to see how long russia could hold out.I was hoping it would go the full term,while knowing it wouldnt, but it did last longer than i expected it too.

The session highlighted for me how the new game,cold war, will have to be more geared towards interesting diplo actions than combat.Dowing the supers will have to be damn near impossible to happen,and the game will have to have ways to keep the players playing the supers engrossed and entertained with none combat features.
Chuckle TM
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

tkobo wrote:Well, its game over.GI has messaged me hes out,and i dont see a point in someone else taking over for him.It was interesting and fun.

I really wanted to see how long russia could hold out.I was hoping it would go the full term,while knowing it wouldnt, but it did last longer than i expected it too.

The session highlighted for me how the new game,cold war, will have to be more geared towards interesting diplo actions than combat.Dowing the supers will have to be damn near impossible to happen,and the game will have to have ways to keep the players playing the supers engrossed and entertained with none combat features.
I also suspect that the Cold War game will have many new options relating to diplomacy, and ending wars non-violently.
Did you want to continue playing on Wednesdays? If not, I'd like to invite you to the Tuesday Hamatchi game. I'm almost always busy Tuesday nights so I'm unable to play Pax25's game, but Hullu and Golovko run a mean game.

And we will miss you Joe!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Nah ,might as well let it end.

Im going to put some thought into how to create a story line event oriented multi .I think thats what id like to try next.
*proxies
*most regions allied at game start
*Players use the switch region ability at start point, to go in during play and create AI wars,for the players to support their proxies in.

Goal would be to have at least one war going on between ai regions on each continent,which the players would have to choose between who they would support (if any) in each conflict.And no direct conflict between the players and an AI.

Im thinking some kind of voting system, in which the players would have a set amount of votes per game year,and be able to vote for the start of a specific conflict on a continent.This would kinda be like the majors prodding the minors into wars, as an indirect way of fighting each other.With the "winner" being the major with the most allied minors still standing at the end.

Perhaps with the majors something like france, spain, germany and japan.
Chuckle TM
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

tkobo wrote:Nah ,might as well let it end.

Im going to put some thought into how to create a story line event oriented multi .I think thats what id like to try next.
*proxies
*most regions allied at game start
*Players use the switch region ability at start point, to go in during play and create AI wars,for the players to support their proxies in.

Goal would be to have at least one war going on between ai regions on each continent,which the players would have to choose between who they would support (if any) in each conflict.And no direct conflict between the players and an AI.

Im thinking some kind of voting system, in which the players would have a set amount of votes per game year,and be able to vote for the start of a specific conflict on a continent.This would kinda be like the majors prodding the minors into wars, as an indirect way of fighting each other.With the "winner" being the major with the most allied minors still standing at the end.

Perhaps with the majors something like france, spain, germany and japan.
Hmm, sounds very interesting, I'd be up for it. I like having Germany and France as majors, as they're somewhat balanced. Germany with slightly better military, and France with a little more Diplomacy.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”