Question about maintenance

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

rhjyyz
Major

Question about maintenance

Post by rhjyyz »

After going through my facilities maintenace, I noticed that coal and uranium ,even at near 100 percent condition and supply cannot ever break out even after maintenance costs. Example:

Uranium mine: 72/72 condition/supply

Produces 1.4M annualy @ approx 23.00 unit (retail)
Maintenance is 194.47M annualy

Coal mine : 60/66 condition/supply

Produces 600K ann. @ 46.00 unit (retail)
Maintenance is 51.88M annualy

These are both with approx. 88 effieicency

Am I reading this wrong? It seems I should never build any uranium or coal in any region.

Thanks!

The other commodities look OK.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I am not home at the moment to look at this in a game of mine,or id give it a good look.

Im curious, what are the percentage markups for these that your using ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Raise domestic markup

Post by Eric Larsen »

rhjyyz,
You're looking at the costs of facilities. There are two compenents of cost, one is the production cost of the product and the second is the facility maintenance cost. You really need to figure out how much you're getting from the resource by calculating how much you're getting in domestic sales and trade. Then you can really see if a resource is making you money or if you need to raise prices. Since some resources like ore or uranium aren't sold domestically that's kind of tough and you have to consider that they're just feeder resources for making finished goods or electricity. If your cost is less than the trade price then keep cranking them out. If you can buy on the market for less consider reducing output.

Resources with 60 or 70 condition and supply tend to be profitable. Resources with 10 or 20 condition and supply aren't so it's better to upgrade larger facilities to their max while scrapping small resource sources.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”