I'm not sure you meant to say that...

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Squigbunny
Captain

I'm not sure you meant to say that...

Post by Squigbunny »

On the “News Preview” when a friendly city is captured it is described as being “liberated” by the enemy, when an enemy one is captured it is described as being “captured” by the friendly side. I know it’s semantics, but isn’t it more appropriate for these descriptions to be reversed?
Squigbunny
Captain

Re: I'm not sure you meant to say that...

Post by Squigbunny »

While I'm at it I'll add this observation. Very minor, I know.

Breaking News Report is described rather oddly as a News Preview, when it is breaking news and not a preview.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

- They are always "news previews", not sure what the header was meant to describe.
- Are you sure about the liberate/capture being based on who took it? Is it related to the loyalty of the hex?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Squigbunny
Captain

Post by Squigbunny »

Balthagor wrote:- Are you sure about the liberate/capture being based on who took it? Is it related to the loyalty of the hex?
Yes I am. I have a LOS Treaty with Ukraine and was watching the invasion of the Ukraine by Russia. When the Russians overran Ukrainian population centres the conquest was described as a "liberation" and when the Ukraine recaptured one of their cities it was described as a "capture". Looking at things from the Russian perspective the events were described in reverse. IMHO the descriptions are wrong for the context of the events.

It is really semantics, but in real life the side reporting the news tends to reflect its political "righteousness" by describing military success in capturing population centres as "liberation" and losing them as "capture".

Either way the place is lost or gained to a side - it is just the manner of public portrayal of that event. At the moment the side reporting the event puts itself forward as a capturer and not a liberator, which doesn't reflect how it would report...the descriptions really should be reversed.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

It seems that the wording is based on the side who declared war 1st.

If Region A dows Region B , any city or complex that region A attains is "captured". If Region B attains those its "liberated". Doesnt matter who's news you read it reads the same for both.

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”