Diplo trading bug

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Squigbunny
Captain

Diplo trading bug

Post by Squigbunny »

Press $= button on trade. Then add additional cash. The offer price drops to the nearest X,000M plus whatever the offer made is e.g. $2,999M price tag, press $= and it shows an offer of $2,999M add an additional $13M and the offer is shown as $2013M, but the chances may be that the offer is now shown acceptable. Even if it isn’t, repeat the offer a few times until it is acceptable and the Offer amount in the middle of the screen shows a modified value of whatever the base $X,000M was plus the added amounts. It’s usually far less than the sum requested.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Diplo trading bug

Post by Balthagor »

confirmed on the value. The fact that they will accept the lower price probably means they would have accepted that price anyway. Seen anything that proves different?

I did 8999 became 8014, but if I cleared my side and just offered 8014 it was acceptable anyway...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Squigbunny
Captain

Post by Squigbunny »

You may be right that it would have accepted anyway, but as things stand the initial indication on the acceptance bar is that the requested price is not enough to guarantee a deal. Given that adding money drops the offered amount to the nearest billion and subsequent additional payments often far below the requested amount will change the acceptance bar to a sure deal is both contradictory and confusing.

Even with the possibility that that the AI would have accepted anyway, I cannot see that the manner in which the information is being displayed is otherwise than confusing and unlikely to be working the way I suspect BG would wish.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

There is a bug there, no question, I'm just trying to determine if it has one effect or two. When I tried it the bar was green at the equalize price and the lower price.

Have you got a savegame where the equalize is red but after tiggering the bug it's green?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”