Map Errata (Toponymic or Position)

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

andrasd
Lieutenant

Re: Map Errata (Toponymic or Position)

Post by andrasd »

Serbian town Cacal should be Cacak
Somber should be Sombor

Niksi in Montenegro should be Niksic
KOSOVO IS SERBIA!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

in our source it's Niksi, I'll make the other changes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nero
Captain

Post by Nero »

The game also doesn't seem to support the letters Ž,Š,Đ,Č,Ć, and there is one town you wrote with Ž, it shows as VARA?DIN, so you may want to replace that ? with a Z, to make it VARAZDIN. It's in Croatia. Spotted nothing else though.
andrasd
Lieutenant

Post by andrasd »

well i don't know about your sources but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niksic
KOSOVO IS SERBIA!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

done to this point.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
TPKUK
Sergeant

Post by TPKUK »

Hi Chris

In Australia

Sunbury where the miltary complex is should be Williamstown it is owned Tenix and is where OHP and Anzac Class where Built and the airport at Melton if thats meant to be Tullarmarine Airport it should be where the Town of Subury is and there should be an Aircraft Fab in Melbourne as well as there is an Aircraft Factory in Port Melbourne it used to be the Goverment Aircraft Factory , it is now own by Beoing and it is where the Mirage III and F-18s where built , The base at Wagga Wagga is a training base for your info here is a Link http://www.airforce.gov.au/bases/index.aspx

Rgeards Terry
Regards Terry
Squigbunny
Captain

Re: Toponymic Errata

Post by Squigbunny »

Overlord wrote:Korean name
Hangul: 서울특별시
Hanja: 서울特別市
Revised Romanization: Seoul Teukbyeolsi
McCune-Reischauer: Sŏul T'ŭkpyŏlsi

Short name
Hangul: 서울
Revised Romanization: Seoul
McCune-Reischauer: Sŏul

I think you should use Seoul as I presume the ŏ letter is not supported.
It is Seoul. Ask any Korean neighbour or even the Korean Government
http://www.korea.net/

In Tunisia Al Hammamat should read Hammamet, Al Munastir should read Monastir and Al Qayrawan should read Kairouan. I have personally visited these towns and that is what you will see on the local road signs.
Allen2111
Lieutenant

Post by Allen2111 »

I'm not sure if this is where it belongs. In China, there is an industrial complex called Nanchang. It is located on a narrow river hex. I can't build on it and I think it should be a city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanchang

I also found another one similar to this near Kolkata.
Squigbunny
Captain

Post by Squigbunny »

Noticed on the 2020 main map - the Republic of Cyprus is not represented, but shown as Greek territory. It is actually an independent nation and a member state of the EU. As as larger country than some represented e.g. Fiji, Seychelles, Mauritius, Sao Tomé etc, it seems odd that it is not properly represented. Any idea why it is done this way?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Squigbunny wrote:Noticed on the 2020 main map - the Republic of Cyprus is not represented, but shown as Greek territory. It is actually an independent nation and a member state of the EU. As as larger country than some represented e.g. Fiji, Seychelles, Mauritius, Sao Tomé etc, it seems odd that it is not properly represented. Any idea why it is done this way?
Not an error, but the source of endless debates between George and I. Cyprus got independent region status for the Global Crisis map. You'd have to ask George for exactly why he wanted it that way but IIRC it was due to Greece and Turkey having such strong influences on their respective sides of the island.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

done to this point.

Suggested name changes for S Korea/Tunisia not implemented, as previously indicated we are sticking to one source for names. You can always edit your own .OOF file if it's a serious issue.

To paraphrase Douglas Adams; We support the highest level of accuracy and wherever it is determined that the game and real life differ we are confident it is real life that has made a mistake. ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Squigbunny
Captain

Post by Squigbunny »

Balthagor wrote:done to this point.

Suggested name changes for S Korea/Tunisia not implemented, as previously indicated we are sticking to one source for names. You can always edit your own .OOF file if it's a serious issue.

To paraphrase Douglas Adams; We support the highest level of accuracy and wherever it is determined that the game and real life differ we are confident it is real life that has made a mistake. ;)
LOL! :lol: Nah, I can live with it - just feedback for you. :-)
Saladin
Private

Post by Saladin »

Hi. This is my first post. I've noticed that there are no romanian players of the game, witch is kind of sad. Anyways there are some errors in Romania's cities names :

SIGHETU MARMATIEI should be SIGHETUL MARMATIEI (probably too long, not a big problem);
BAIE MARE should be BAIA MARE (big problem, my home city);
BISTRATA -- BISTRITA;
FROCSANI -- FOCSANI;
GHEORGHE GHEORGHIU-DEJ -- ONESTI (serios problem, gheorghiu dej was the second communist dictator of Romania);

another problem is the reversed T shaped river in the north of romania, that does not exist, there are other rivers there.
and also the main road goes cluj-napoca-baia mare-satumare also rail connection along with the road. And no rail connection ,as i know of ,with ucraine.

off topic. About the hungarian city Hajdúszoboszló : ten friends of mine went there about 2 years ago for a high school experience exchange. late at night, in a bar some hungarian started a fight with my friends. they went outside where some 15 were waiting. The hungarians got a beating to remember but still called for more friends. 15 minutes later, about 10 cars arrive and start chasing my friends. my boys split up and try to make the huns split too. they get to beat another 15 huns untill the police arrived.
the hungarians got all the blame and a good beating.
The final was that one of my friends knew hungarian and shouted "We won the battle of Hajdúszoboszló!!!" while the police arrested the huns. :evil: :evil: :evil:
The.Delegate
Sergeant

Post by The.Delegate »

Yakutsk in Siberia has an aircraft fab on the city hex and there is no airport! :lol:

Also, not sure how the pop distribution works. I know it can't be 100% accurate. For example: The city Victoria on Vancouver Island is far under populated. I know how you arrived at that pop though, because although Greater Victoria is a CMA of ~340,000 people, it is divided into 13 municipalities, and Victoria proper only has 78,000 residents. However, the hex you have labelled as 'Victoria' would have more like 120,000 people [including Victoria, Esquimalt, Oak Bay, View Royal], the hex with 'Saanich' on it would have more like 150,000 people [including Saanich, Central Saanich, North Saanich, Sidney], the hex x;197y;146 [directly the northwest of Victoria and including Colwood, Highlands, Langford] would have about 40,000 people rather than 356, and finally hex x;196y;147 [directly west and including Metchosin, Sooke, East Sooke, and bits of Langford] would have about 20,000 people rather than 48. I should know being a resident of Victoria. I also find that Vancouver Island [and undoubtedly other places as well] is ridiculously under-populated, with barely 300,000 people, less than half the current day population of some 730,000 people. Obviously a minor issue, but puts into doubt the accuracy of geographic population distribution, especially since I noticed that there tends to be a very high pop concentration around capital cities. ???

Industrial Complex x;184y;133 should be named either Port Hardy or Port McNeil, as those are the two most important communities in that area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Victoria
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Population dispersion is set manually for cities and then a formula distributes remaining population.

Thanks for the info.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”