building autobuild

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

building autobuild

Post by georgios »

Production minister can be ordered to achieve self sufficiency so he builds factories to produce several commodities. He builds only factories that do not need terrain resources.

Is there any parametre controlling what can a minister build and what not?

Is there any way to mod the game so ministers could build the conventional production buildings if the high tech ones are not yet researched?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: building autobuild

Post by Balthagor »

This is incorrect. If there is space in an industrial complex that has access to a resource the minister will build there. The AI does not build complexes so cannot tap into new deposits.

This cannot be modded.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

But I have never seen my minister build any farms, mines etc.. he only builds hydroponics, water reclamations, composite plants, ind - comm - mil goods and high tech power plants. If I have not the techs he dos not build anything.

Can I somehow ampify the autobuild of factories so he builds more frequent whatever he builds?

I know that he can't build new complexes because it is a strategic option of the player. But it is not impossible to be programmed. AI can take into account the supply level of unbuild hexes and chose the best place for a new settlement.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I didn't say it can't be done, I said it's not in the engine. It cannot be modded.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

About the only way to get the AI to build on these resource locations would be to mod in and industrial center on the hex.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

what to you mean "mod in and industrial ....?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

I mean add in industrial centers to hexes that have resources you want the AI to build buildings at. Which would be done by moding.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Do you know at what ratio of demand/capacity production minister starts building new facilities to achieve selfsufficiency?
CheefCoach
Warrant Officer

Post by CheefCoach »

Game isn't designed to play itself; that why it have you, to make important decisions. With simple help of calculator you can determine how much each factory produce and how much factories you need. I don't want to repeat myself, so check my posts in general discussion...
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Such a decision is not strategic so game is designed to do it alone if you allow the minister to product selfsufficiency.

He will not of course predict the future, he will build factories when capacity can't meet demand. My question is if someone knows when minister takes this decision. It seems not to take it very easy.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

georgios wrote:...My question is if someone knows when minister takes this decision. It seems not to take it very easy.
I updated the SR2020 minister notes for facility construction. I need to check more notes to confirm which SR-CW priority "sets" contain those previous priorities.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Is there any moddable file controlling the facilities autobuild actions of AI?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”