Tourism

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

high empty
Captain

Tourism

Post by high empty »

It didn't make it did it?
jomni
Warrant Officer

Re: Tourism

Post by jomni »

high empty wrote:It didn't make it did it?
Your question does not make sense. But I am highjacking your thread because I have a question on tourism.

Is tourism even implemented in the game? I am playing Singapore with a tourist spot but I don't know if it's making any money for me. How do I know? Nothing is shown in income statement. So I ended up scrapping it and making a factory.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Im also curious, can new tourist attractions ever go up?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

There are tourist attractions on the map that add to the GDP of a region based on its tourism rating and GDP directly affects tax income so they do "make money for nothing". However the design was that Tourist/Business facilities could only built when very specific conditions were met and currently those conditions do not occur so no new facilities of these types can be built but the existing ones do function as intended. Also, when at war the effects of tourist attractions are massively reduced.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
jomni
Warrant Officer

Post by jomni »

Where in the interface can I see tourist income?
I think there's a screen but it's blank.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote:...tourist attractions on the map that add to the GDP of a region...
I didn't say they generate income. There is no value currently for reporting the financial taxation gains from the GDP increase of a tourist attraction. It would be nice, I agree, but not currently available.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
jomni
Warrant Officer

Post by jomni »

I see, but I would like to see more info so that I know if it's worth keeping the tourist attraction instead of converting it to a factory. Thanks for the clarification.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

there is a stat "tourism" somewhere. how is this calculated? and how can we improve it?

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”